Dr. Rachel Engen is a pediatric nephrologist practicing in CHICAGO, IL. Dr. Engen specializes in caring for children with chronic conditions such as hypertension, kidney disease, and chronic dialysis. Pediatric nephrologists have extensive knowledge on the dialysis and transplant processes, while simultaneously developing lasting relationships with the families of their young patients.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Dr. Rachel Engen M.D.'s Practice location
CHICAGO, IL 60611Get Direction
Cincinnati, OH 45229Get Direction
Dr. Rachel Engen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Is Testicular Cancer Curable?
The testes are a pair of male sex glands located just beneath the penis and is encased in a loose fold of skin - the scrotum, and are responsible for producing testosterone - the male sex hormone, and for manufacturing sperms which are mobile male sex cells. Testicular cancer occurs when some of...
- Different Types of Anxiety Disorders You Should Know About
Everyone feels anxious from time to time, but chronic anxiety can adversely impact the quality of your life. While in moderation, anxiety is not a bad thing, but when it becomes intense, it can have serious consequences on your physical health too. Everyone experiences anxiety differently. Some have...
- Wilms Tumor Facts
Wilms TumorWilms tumor, also called as nephroblastoma, is a type of cancerous tumor in the kidneys. The name of the disease comes from a German doctor named Max Wilms, who wrote about it in 1899. Children ages 3-4 years old are more likely to develop Wilms tumor.Wilms tumor accounts for around 9 out...
- Nephrotic Syndrome in Children: What You Need to Know
Nephrotic Syndrome in ChildrenNephrotic syndrome in children is not a disease, but rather a group of symptoms that usually indicate kidney damage (particularly glomeruli damage) and proteinuria (high levels of protein in the urine). When there is kidney damage, a protein called albumin, which is...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- Dr. Eunice G. John M.D.840 South Wood Street Chicago Illinois 60612
- Dr. Peter R Lewy MD1100 Central Ave Wilmette IL 60091
- Dr. Christopher W Clardy MD180 Harvester Dr Willowbrook IL 60527
- Dr. Gayle L. Kates M.D.500 E 51st St Chicago IL 60615
- Dr. Craig Bradford Langman MD2300 Childrens Plaza Chicago IL 60614
- Dr. Andrew James Aronson M.D.836 W Wellington Ave Chicago IL 60657