Richard F Curtis M.D.
Radiologist | Neuroradiology18 13TH AVE NE HICKORY NC, 28601
Dr. Richard Curtis is a radiologist practicing in HICKORY, NC. Dr. Curtis specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1967
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine 1967
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Med Univ Sc Med Ctr, Nuclear Medicine; Walter Reed Army Med Ctr, Radiology; Tripler Army Med Ctr, Radiology; Wm Beaumont Army Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Richard F Curtis M.D.'s Practice location
HICKORY, NC 28601Get Direction
Richard F Curtis M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Curtis
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Eric M Meredith MD18 13th Ave Ne Hickory NC 28601
- Nicholas Frankel M.D.18 13TH AVE NE HICKORY NC 28601
- Eric Von Johnson M.D.18 13th Ave Ne Hickory NC 28601
- John J Battiston MD18 13th Ave Ne Hickory NC 28601
- Richard Edward Pearce M.D.18 13TH AVE NE HICKORY NC 28601
- Alan D Massengill M.D.18 13TH AVE NE HICKORY NC 28601