Dr. Danielle Bissett is a psychologist practicing in COMMACK, NY. Dr. Bissett specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Bissett evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Bissett because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Education and Training
Nova Southeastern University Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) 2014
Nova Southeastern University Masters in Clinical Psychology. (M.S) 2011
Lynn University Bachelor’s in Psychology 2008
- Division 53 of the American Psychological Association, Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology
- National Association of School Psychologists
- American Psychological Association of Graduate Students
- PSI CHI National Honor Society
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her desire to see improvement in the mental health of others, and to her values of loyalty, trust, honesty and diligence.Dr. Bissett\'s middle school guidance counselor was one of her first inspirations. She admired how he always found solutions to difficult problems and was always there for the students in need. She decided she wanted to help people as he did. Her mother taught her how to be a loving mom and her father instilled in her the value of hard work.
Hobbies / Sports
- Playing ice hockey and spending time with her son
Dr. Danielle P. Bissett, Psy.D.'s Practice location
COMMACK, NY 11725Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Danielle P. Bissett, Psy.D. | Psychologist | Clinical
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Danielle P. Bissett, Psy.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- 10 Celebrities Identified as Pansexual
What is pansexual?Pansexual falls under the umbrella of bisexuality, but it actually reflects people who form a romantic, sexual, emotional, spiritual, or physical attraction to people regardless of their sexual expression and specific gender identity. A pansexual feels that gender is nothing but...
- New Study: People with Autism Might Be Less Susceptible to Surprise
A team of researchers from the United Kingdom has found something new about adults with autism. They recently published their findings in the well-respected journal, Nature Neuroscience. This team helped discover some explanations for autistic behaviors. What they found might help us understand why...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Bulimia?
Bulimia is an eating disorder that causes an individual to consume large amounts of food within a small period of time. After the binge is over, the individual purges to get rid of the unhealthy amount of food he or she consumed. Some methods that an individual may opt for to compensate for the...
- Everything You Need to Know About Anxiety Disorder
It’s quite normal to feel nervous and have butterflies in your stomach before going to a job interview, a blind date or making an important decision. This anxiousness is body’s natural response to stress and danger. It is an automatic alarm that rings when you feel threatened, under pressure, or...
- What Is Emotional Eating?
There may be times that an individual will turn to junk food to deal with emotional stress. This habit of eating comfort foods to satisfy a feeling or an emotion is referred to as emotional eating. When an individual turns to emotional eating, he or she may over eat to try to combat strained...
- Is Schizophrenia a Genetic Disorder?
The organic studies of schizophrenia outnumber, by far, the psychological ones.The quantity of these works and the variety of directions that they have taken reveal that no breakthrough has been made. Even in fields like genetics and biochemistry where some evidence of the organic nature of...
- Mindy Barbara Atkin333 Glen Head Road Glen Head New York 11545
- Dr. Marlene N. Kasman PHD163 Town Line Rd East Northport NY 11731
- Dr. Amy Beth Rosenberg PSYD485 Underhill Boulevard Syosset NY 11791
- Dr. Jacqueline Sabarese PHD191 Broadway Amityville Amityville NY 11701
- Dr. Judith Barbara Rosenblum PH.D.627 Broadway Massapequa NY 11758
- Dr. Laura Anne Van schaick-harman PSYD450 Waverly Avenue Patchogue NY 11772