Dr. Danielle P. Bissett, Psy.D.
Psychologist | Clinical356 VETERANS HWY STE 2 COMMACK NY, 11725
Dr. Danielle Bissett is a psychologist practicing in COMMACK, NY. Dr. Bissett specializes in the treatment of mental health problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Bissett evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Bissett because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Education and Training
Nova Southeastern University Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) 2014
Nova Southeastern University Masters in Clinical Psychology. (M.S) 2011
Lynn University Bachelor’s in Psychology 2008
Dr. Danielle P. Bissett, Psy.D.'s Expert Contributions
Is it possible to treat bipolar disorder without medication?
Yes, he should try cognitive behavioral therapy. This type of approach involves learning to identify and modify the patterns of thinking that accompany mood shifts. Danielle Bissett, Psy.D. READ MORE
- Division 53 of the American Psychological Association, Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology
- National Association of School Psychologists
- American Psychological Association of Graduate Students
- PSI CHI National Honor Society
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her desire to see improvement in the mental health of others, and to her values of loyalty, trust, honesty and diligence.Dr. Bissett\'s middle school guidance counselor was one of her first inspirations. She admired how he always found solutions to difficult problems and was always there for the students in need. She decided she wanted to help people as he did. Her mother taught her how to be a loving mom and her father instilled in her the value of hard work.
Hobbies / Sports
- Playing ice hockey and spending time with her son
Areas of research
10/2011- 2014: Head researcher for research on Athletes that engage in
“high risk” sports. Nova Southeastern University
• Title: What mental characteristics distinguish athletes who participate in “high risk” sports? Supervisor: Stephan Russo, PhD.
2011-2012: Research Assistant:
Nova Southeastern University
• Title: Graduate Student Resilience: Patterns of stressors and stress resilience among graduate students. Supervisor: Barry Nierenberg, Ph.D., ABPP
09/2006 – 05/2007: Research Assistant.
Responsibilities: Screening participants for study, data collection, data entry, analyzing data and writing projects. Supervisor: Robert Riedel, PhD
Dr. Danielle P. Bissett, Psy.D.'s Practice location
COMMACK, NY 11725Get Direction
Get to know Psychologist Dr. Danielle P. Bissett, who serves patients in Commack, New York.
Dr. Danielle Bissett is a Clinical Psychologist practicing in Commack, NY. Dr. Bissett specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Her aim is to help her clients identify how thoughts, feelings, and behaviors fuel mental health problems. CBT is an empirically driven, highly effective modality for treating a broad range of mental health problems.
Dr. Bissett specializes in providing therapy for all ages of varied needs, including anxiety, depression, social skills deficiencies, and autism spectrum disorders. She has extensive training and experience working with parents and their children with behavioral problems.
Her ultimate passion is in providing excellent clinical services which she delivers in a warm, compassionate setting. Moreover, her aim is to teach clients the skills they need to overcome the limitations they are facing so they can go on to lead a productive life.
If you have any question please contact her today.
- Intellectual Disability in Children: Know the Signs
Intellectual DisabilityIntellectual disability (ID), formerly called as mental retardation, is a type of developmental disability, in which individuals have certain limitations in their intellectual functioning and adaptive behavior. People with ID have difficulty learning, communicating, solving...
- Different Meanings of Asexual
Asexual definitionsWhat is asexual? Asexual exists when a person is not feeling sexual attraction to anyone or is having low or no interest in sexual activity. In the modern world, it is a little bit hard to understand this because we are forced to see sexuality everywhere and the general rule is...
- The Problem of Late Diagnosis for Girls with Autism
More and more research continues to show that females with autism are getting the short end of the stick. Autism has frequently been thought of as a disorder that affects mostly boys. As it turns out this way of thinking is leaving many girls underdiagnosed and stuck in the shadows. Every year more...
- Study Links PTSD from 9/11 to Dementia Cases
9/11 happened almost 17 years ago. And yet, every single American still remembers where they were on that day. Researchers found that rescuers, witnesses and survivors have reported cases of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, or simply PTSD. Sean Clouston, the lead researcher from Stony Brook...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Autism
Introduction From the perspective of an outsider, it is very difficult to understand what it is to have autism. This misunderstanding, unfortunately, can result in a lot of misconceptions and stereotypes about people with autism. Below are certain misconceptions, which people usually have in...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Dr. Marlene N. Kasman PHD163 Town Line Rd East Northport New York 11731
- Mindy Barbara Atkin333 Glen Head Road Glen Head New York 11545
- Dr. Amy Beth Rosenberg PSYD485 Underhill Boulevard Syosset NY 11791
- Dr. Judith Barbara Rosenblum PH.D.627 Broadway Massapequa NY 11758
- Dr. Jacqueline Sabarese PHD191 Broadway Amityville NY 11701
- Dr. Laura Anne Van schaick-harman PSYD450 WAVERLY AVE PATCHOGUE NY 11772