Dr. Danielle Bissett is a psychologist practicing in COMMACK, NY. Dr. Bissett specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Bissett evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Bissett because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Education and Training
Nova Southeastern University Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) 2014
Nova Southeastern University Masters in Clinical Psychology. (M.S) 2011
Lynn University Bachelor’s in Psychology 2008
Dr. Danielle P. Bissett, Psy.D.'s Expert Contributions
Yes, he should try cognitive behavioral therapy. This type of approach involves learning to identify and modify the patterns of thinking that accompany mood shifts. Danielle Bissett, Psy.D. READ MORE
- Division 53 of the American Psychological Association, Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology
- National Association of School Psychologists
- American Psychological Association of Graduate Students
- PSI CHI National Honor Society
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her desire to see improvement in the mental health of others, and to her values of loyalty, trust, honesty and diligence.Dr. Bissett\'s middle school guidance counselor was one of her first inspirations. She admired how he always found solutions to difficult problems and was always there for the students in need. She decided she wanted to help people as he did. Her mother taught her how to be a loving mom and her father instilled in her the value of hard work.
Hobbies / Sports
- Playing ice hockey and spending time with her son
Dr. Danielle P. Bissett, Psy.D.'s Practice location
COMMACK, NY 11725Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Danielle P. Bissett, Psy.D. | Psychologist | Clinical
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Danielle P. Bissett, Psy.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Get to know Psychologist Dr. Danielle P. Bissett, who serves patients in Commack, New York.
Dr. Danielle Bissett is a Clinical Psychologist practicing in Commack, NY. Dr. Bissett specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Her aim is to help her clients identify how thoughts, feelings, and behaviors fuel mental health problems. CBT is an empirically driven, highly effective modality for treating a broad range of mental health problems.
Dr. Bissett specializes in providing therapy for all ages of varied needs, including anxiety, depression, social skills deficiencies, and autism spectrum disorders. She has extensive training and experience working with parents and their children with behavioral problems.
Her ultimate passion is in providing excellent clinical services which she delivers in a warm, compassionate setting. Moreover, her aim is to teach clients the skills they need to overcome the limitations they are facing so they can go on to lead a productive life.
If you have any question please contact her today.
- Understanding the Causes of Depression: Is Depression Hereditary?
While researchers are becoming increasingly aware that depression can be genetic, there is a need to shed more light on this issue because it is often misinterpreted. Is depression hereditary? Many people have the misconception that they will necessarily develop depression if their parents or any...
- Breaking a World Record to Highlight Autism Awareness
In San Antonio, volunteers are getting together to make the world's biggest blanket fort to highlight autism awareness.The idea for the blanket fortSo, how did people decide to gather to build the world's biggest blanket fort? As many of history's most influential decisions have been made, some...
- Temple Grandin Teaches How to Move Beyond Labels
Mary Temple Grandin, a professor of animal science at Colorado State University, expert consultant in the livestock industry on animal behavior and Autism spokesperson, was born on August 29th, 1947. She was never officially diagnosed with autism during her childhood or adolescence.Rather, she...
- Is There a Difference Between a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist?
What is a Psychologist?A psychologist is a person who studies and evaluates the mental condition of his or her patient. The education of a psychologist starts with a college degree in psychology. After attaining a bachelor of science or bachelor of arts in psychology, the individual continues school...
- Study Links PTSD from 9/11 to Dementia Cases
9/11 happened almost 17 years ago. And yet, every single American still remembers where they were on that day. Researchers found that rescuers, witnesses and survivors have reported cases of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, or simply PTSD. Sean Clouston, the lead researcher from Stony Brook...
- Psychotherapy for Multiple Personality Disorder
Multiple personality disorder or currently known as dissociative identity disorder (DID) is a condition where an individual is characterized by two or more personalities. These personalities are distinct and are sometimes called alters. Alters might have different characteristics from the person...
- Dr. Cheryl S. Chitayat PSY.D.358 VETERANS MEMORIAL HWY. COMMACK NY 11725
- Dr. Shane Gregory Owens PH.D.283 Commack Rd Commack NY 11725
- Dr. Susan Nissen PH.D.25 Wiltshire Dr Commack NY 11725
- Dr. Barbara Edell Fisher PH.D.356 Veterans Memorial Hwy Commack NY 11725
- Dr. Patricia Nilson PHD11 Montrose Dr Commack NY 11725
- Dr. Brian Goldberg PSY.D., BCBA-D283 Commack Rd Commack NY 11725