Dr. Sarah Anne Mcavoy M.D.
Radiation Oncologist | Radiation Oncology411 LAUREL ST DES MOINES IA, 50314
Dr. Sarah Mcavoy practices Radiation Oncology in DES MOINES, IA. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Mcavoy specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
University of Minnesota Medical School 2010
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Lung Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Wrinkle & Scar Improvement
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center/University of Texas Medical School at Houston Program
Dr. Sarah Anne Mcavoy M.D.'s Practice location
DES MOINES, IA 50314Get Direction
Dr. Sarah Anne Mcavoy M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mcavoy
- Financially Managing Lymphoma Care
If you are living with lymphoma, one of your main concerns may be the payment charges that seem to be piling up too quickly. It can be stressful enough living with cancer, let alone having to worry about going into debt. For this reason, it is important to become aware of the different expenses...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- Three-Week Chemotherapy Dosing Reconfirmed as First-Line Treatment of Ovarian Cancer
Chemotherapy as a treatment option for cancer has existed for decades, and has long been the standard of care and first line of treatment for almost all forms of cancer. The term is an umbrella term referring to the use of medicines to halt the growth of cancerous tumors and to kill off cancerous...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
IntroductionLike any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- Radiation Therapy for Cancer
When it comes to cancer, the common treatments are chemotherapy and radiation therapy, which work by the use of X-rays, gamma rays, and charged particles. They are usually directed at the area where the cancer is growing. Radiation therapy is delivered through the use of machines and implants or by...
- Dr. Philip J Colletier MD411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. George H Voynov MD411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Robert John Isaak M.D., PHARM.D.1221 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. John M Martens MD411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. John T Triantafyllos M.D.1221 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Richard L Deming MD411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314