Michael Lyle Dugan BC-HIS
Speech-Language Pathologist2410 CROCKETT DR STE A BROWNWOOD TX, 76801
Dr. Michael Dugan is a speech language pathologist practicing in BROWNWOOD, TX. Dr. Dugan specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Dugan evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Dugan helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Michael Lyle Dugan BC-HIS's Practice location
BROWNWOOD, TX 76801Get Direction
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Mrs. Molly Patricia Mcmullen SLP408 MULBERRY ST BROWNWOOD TX 76801
- Ms. Susan Elizabeth King M.A., CCC/SLP1101 7TH ST BROWNWOOD TX 76801
- Shannon Lyons SLP1101 7TH ST BROWNWOOD TX 76801
- Jennifer Garcia SLP408 MULBERRY ST BROWNWOOD TX 76801
- Diana Jessica Grimsley M.S., CCC, SLP2408 MONTICELLO ST BROWNWOOD TX 76801
- Mrs. Crystal Michelle Rae MS-SLP-CCC2500 SONG BIRD CIR BROWNWOOD TX 76801