Dr. Robert Toomey is a podiatrist practicing in Haymarket, VA. Dr. Toomey is a medical doctor specializing in the treatment of the foot , ankle and related parts of the leg. As a podiatrist, Dr. Toomey diagnoses and treats conditions of the feet. The feet are key body parts that give a person stability, absorb shock, allow for walking and standing and are necessary for overall well-being. So, the feet need expert care. Podiatrists can specialize in surgery, wound care, sports medicine, diabetic care and pediatrics.
Education and Training
University of Redlands B.A. Biology 2006
California School of Podiatric Medicine D.P.M. 2011
American Board of Podiatric Medicine
Foot Surgery (Podiatric Surgery)
Reconstructive Rearfoot / Ankle Surgery (Podiatric Surgery)
Dr. Robert Joseph Toomey, DPM's Expert Contributions
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Credentialing Committee Member Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center 2018 - Present
- Podiatric Surgery
- Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Flatfoot (fallen Arches)
- Haglund's Deformity
- Hallux Rigidus
- Heel Pain/fasciitis
- Morton's Neuroma
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Posterior Tibial Dysfunction
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Taylor's Bunion
- Toe Deformities
- Running Injuries
- Allergic Contact Dermatitis
- Athlete's Foot
- Ingrown Toenails
- Plantar Warts
- Pediatric Foot Care
- Diabetic Foot Care
- Sports Medicine
- Chronic Wounds
- Nail Tumors
- Melanoma And Skin Cancer Of The Foot
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association, Inc
- Medstar Washington Hospital Center Podiatric Surgery
- The George Washington University
- The George Washington University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Podiatric Medical Association, Virginia Podiatric Medical Association
- Diplomate of the American Board of Podiatric MedicineAssociate of the American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
What do you attribute your success to?
- Having a positive attitude and hard work
Teaching and speaking
- 4/25/19 Minimal Incision Bunionectomy Tips & Pears, Resident Lab, Inova Fairfax Hospital, Robert J. Toomey III, DPM7/14/18 APMA 2018 Annual Scientific Meeting, The National. How a Young Podiatrist Grows a Practice within a Practice, Robert J. Toomey III, DPM7/13/18 APMA 2018 Annual Scientific Meeting Lunch Symposium, Treatment of Onychomycosis and Tinea Infections with Topical Antifungal Medications, Robert J. Toomey III, DPM 7/28/17 APMA 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting, The National. Subchondroplasty Repair of Bone Marrow Lesions and Current Literature, Robert J. Toomey III,DPM6/1/16 (current and actively lecturing) Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America Speaking Engagement, Jublia & Luzu presentations3/10/16 Horizlon Pharma Speaking Engagement, Duexis & Vimovo presentation. 5/6/15 Mariners Hospital Nursing Lecture: Diabetic Foot and Education, Robert J. Toomey III,DPM4/16/16 Fishermans Hospital Lunch and Learn Lecture Series: Foot Health Running, Walking, Limping, Robert J. Toomey III, DPM3/12/15 Mariners Hospital Lecture Series: Diabetic Foot Care and Education, Robert J. Toomey III, DPM11/4/14 Mariners Hospital Lectures Series: The Problems Afoot, Robert J. Toomey III, DPM10/1/14 Womens Auxiliary Key Largo/Mariners Hospital Local Physician Speaking Engagement: Physician Introduction and Education on general Podiatry, Robert J. Toomey III, DPM
Dr. Robert Joseph Toomey, DPM's Practice location
Haymarket, VA 20169Get Direction
WOODBRIDGE, VA 22191Get Direction
Chantilly, Virginia 20151Get Direction
Washington, DC 20016Get Direction
Dr. Robert Joseph Toomey, DPM's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Heel Spur?
A heel spur refers to a small, pointed calcaneus outgrowth from the underside of the heel. The outgrowth may be seen under the heel or at the back of the heel. Both conditions may remain painless, or it can cause pain while pressure is applied to the ball of the foot.Patients may not have any...
- What Are Bunions?
A bunion is a small bony projection found at the joint of the toe on the foot. These are formed when the toe pushes against the other toes. This causes the joint to have an abnormal profile, which enlarges over a period of time. The big joint crowds the other toes of the foot resulting in pain. As...
- Plantar Fasciitis Exercises and Remedies
The plantar fascia is a particular part of your foot that takes up most of the pressure of your weight, which is why it is often strained. Moreover, if you have been sitting down in a chair or the sofa for too long and get up suddenly, it can cause the plantar fascia to suddenly flare up. The...
- What Is Neuropathy?
Disorders that arise due to peripheral nervous system damage are referred to as peripheral neuropathy or simply neuropathy. Peripheral nerves are the nerves that connect the brain and spinal cord to different parts of the body. These nerves innervate different organs of our body, including the skin,...
- Living with Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetesType 1 diabetes, which is also called insulin-dependent diabetes, is the more severe form of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes develops at any age, but it usually develops among children and teenagers. This is the reason why it is also commonly called “juvenile” diabetes.Living with type...
- Plantar Fasciitis: Treatment and Therapy for Plantar Fasciitis
Meaning of Plantar FasciitisOne of the most common causes of heel pain is called plantar fasciitis. A flat band of ligament or tissue connects the heel bone to the toes. This ligament is called the plantar fascia, which also provides support to the arch of the foot. If the plantar fascia is...
- Dr. Andy Roussel D.P.M.8557 Overhill Dr Manassas VA 20111
- Dr. Kostadinka Skandeva DPM3609 Chain Bridge Road Fairfax VA 22030
- Dr. Michael Lloyd Petranek DPM9918 MAIN ST FAIRFAX VA 22031
- Dr. Mehul Jitendra Shah DPM43490 Yukon Dr Ashburn VA 20147
- Dr. Ricardo Bennett D.P.M.8704 ROLLING RD MANASSAS VA 20110
- Samuel Gray46090 Lake Center Plaza Sterling VA 20165