Dr. Phillip Guthery is an optometrist practicing in CULLMAN, AL. Dr. Guthery specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Guthery performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Dr. Phillip Michael Guthery O.D., RPH's Practice location
CULLMAN, AL 35055Get Direction
Cullman, AL 35055Get Direction
Dr. Phillip Michael Guthery O.D., RPH's reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Cataracts?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is a condition known as cataracts. In patients with cataracts, proteins that are contained in the lens begin to break down, making the lens cloudy with an increase in age. Because cataracts develop very slowly, vision may not be affected right away and...
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
What is a cataract?Sometimes there is a clouding of the lens in the eye; this clouding is called a cataract. Mostly, this clouding is related to old age. In fact, the majority of Americans aged 80 and above have experienced this clouding or have already undergone a cataract surgery at a particular...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- What is Age-Related Cataracts?
When the eye lens changes with age, cataracts develop and your vision becomes blurry. A clear structure, the lens is located at the back of the pupil. Light streams in via the cornea and the lens directs it to the retina when it enters the eye.When you start to age, cataracts can begin developing,...
- Dr. Romero R Flores OD601a Graham St Sw Cullman AL 35055
- Dr. David Michael Cole OD113 1st Ave Ne Cullman AL 35055
- Dr. Kevin Wayne Neal O.D.626 Olive St Sw Cullman AL 35055
- Dr. Wayne B Fuller O.D.210 2nd Ave Se Cullman AL 35055
- Ms. Jill K Meyer OD3429 Pelham Pkwy Pelham AL 35124
- Dr. Susan Maleia Persall OD1098 Highway 31 Sw Hartselle AL 35640