Dr. James Hertel is a psychologist practicing in COLUMBIA, MO. Dr. Hertel specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Hertel evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Hertel because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
- Couples Counseling
- Marriage Counseling
- Individual Counseling And Psychotherapy
- Career Counseling
- Adult Individual Psychotherapy
- Stephens College Private Practice Psychotherapy 2001
Experience & Accolades
- Licensed Psychologist2003Dr. James Hertel, Ph.D., LLCPrivate practice for the last 10 years fulltime
James Bruce Hertel PH.D.'s Practice location
COLUMBIA, MO 65201Get Direction
James Bruce Hertel PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Types of Bipolar Disorder?
What is bipolar disorder?Bipolar disorder is a mental illness characterized by extreme mood swings. The mood swings can be extremely high or low. They can last a few hours, days, weeks or even months. The mood swings consist of mixed emotions both of extreme happiness or extreme depression.Bipolar...
- Tips for Immediately Reducing Stress
Here are some some on-the-spot tips that experts recommend to relax and reduce stress instantly: ...
- “Cancer Anger” - An Explanation
Following a cancer diagnosis, it is normal to be overwhelmed with a lot of different emotions. Some individuals may feel shocked and frightened, while others may feel sad, guilty, or upset. There is no right way to feel. ...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Autism
Introduction From the perspective of an outsider, it is very difficult to understand what it is to have autism. This misunderstanding, unfortunately, can result in a lot of misconceptions and stereotypes about people with autism. Below are certain misconceptions, which people usually have in...
- Depression Leads to Non-Adherence of COPD Medication
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a progressive disease, which currently does not have a cure yet, as modern medicine has not found a way to reverse the damage done to the airways and lungs. For this reason, there is a slow and long-term development of debilitating symptoms. The...
- Do I Have Insomnia?
Definition:Insomnia is a condition in which someone finds it hard to fall asleep or stay asleep for an amount of time that enables them to feel well-rested the following day. This condition is common among the elderly and is said to affect one in three people on average. Signs and Symptoms:...
- Dr. Michael John Scott PH.D.3407 Berrywood Dr Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Laura H Schopp PHDOne Hospital Drive Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. Shelly Melich Ossana PHD2804 Forum Blvd Columbia MO 65203
- Dr. Jan Leigh Wheeler PHD2804 Forum Blvd Columbia MO 65203
- Sharon Brooks Other2209 Potomac Dr Columbia MO 65203
- Dr. Robert M Kline PHD2412 Forum Blvd Columbia MO 65203