Dr. Monica Lupo is a speech language pathologist practicing in WADING RIVER, NY. Dr. Lupo specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Lupo evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Lupo helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Monica Yvonne Lupo MS's Practice location
WADING RIVER, NY 11792Get Direction
Monica Yvonne Lupo MS's reviewsWrite Review
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Gina Marie Bosco144 OXHEAD RD CENTEREACH NY 11720
- Mrs. Kimberly Marie Smith MA CCCSLP TSHH80 GRASSLANDS CIRCLE MOUNT SINAI NY 11766
- Mrs. Mary P. Houghton M.A., CCC/SLP32 NEWTON BLVD LAKE RONKONKOMA NY 11779
- Marisa De marco MA, SLP-CCC297 PORT AVE RONKONKOMA NY 11779
- Mrs. Elizabeth Jean Lamarca M.S. CCC-SLP95 CONNETQUOT RD BAYPORT NY 11705
- Melissa Andrea Carranza19 POPLAR ST CENTEREACH NY 11720