Dr. Ajay Sood practices Neuropathology in ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL. Dr. Sood studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Dr. Ajay Sood M.D.'s Practice location
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007Get Direction
Dr. Ajay Sood M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Babinski Reflex Is Used to Diagnose MS
Multiple SclerosisIn multiple sclerosis, the body's immune system attacks the myelin (protective sheath), which covers the nerve fibers. When the myelin sheath is damaged, there would be communication problems from the brain and to the rest of the body. Depending on the severity of the disease,...
- Anti-Tremor Medications for Parkinson's Disease
IntroductionParkinson’s disease is a chronic and progressive disorder. In this disorder, the movements of the individual are affected. When we say progressive, it means that as time passes by, the symptoms related to the disease tend to worsen. Parkinson’s disease does not have a complete cure...
- Research Gives Muscular Dystrophy Patients New Hope
Regardless of the person’s age, sex, or where they are from, being told that they have a progressive disease like muscular dystrophy is devastating. It means learning to live with a disease that makes muscles waste away. For many, one of the coping mechanisms they turn to is to learn as much...
- Medical Marijuana for Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms
Multiple sclerosis experts in the UK say that people with the disease should be permitted to use cannabis to relieve their symptoms. The experts suggest that over nine thousand people should be allowed to use the drug.The MS Society states that one in ten multiple sclerosis patients have pain and...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- What Are the Causes and Treatment of Somnolence?
What is somnolence?Somnolence is the medical term used when a person is close to falling asleep or is in a state of sleepiness. In such case, the person is not able to resist the urge of sleeping or dozing off. A person taking many psychiatric medications for bipolar disorder or any other mental...
- Subhash K. Patel M.D.25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190
- Gail L. Rosseau4501 North Winchester Avenue Chicago Illinois 60640
- Dr. Anil Gulati MD2850 South Wabash Avenue Chicago Illinois 60616
- Dr. Roumen D. Balabanov M.D.1725 West Harrison Street Chicago Illinois 60612
- Dr. Olga Kozlova MD5318 W Devon Av Chicago IL 60646
- Dr. Christopher P Simon MD908 N Elm St Hinsdale IL 60521