Dr. Carla Bettencourt is an Addiction Medicine Physician in LOWELL, MA. Dr. Bettencourt evaluates patients using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Addiction Medicine Physicians provide medical care in addition to consultation for each patient and their families.
- Screening and syndromic approaches to identify gonorrhea and chlamydial infection among women.
- Reduction of the cesarean delivery rate in Ecuador.
- The power of information and contraceptive choice in a family planning setting in Mexico.
- Validity of women's self-reported obstetric complications in rural Ghana.
- The etiology of maternal mortality in developing countries: what do verbal autopsies tell us?
- Effects of iron supplementation on maternal hematologic status in pregnancy.
- An ecologic analysis of maternal mortality ratios.
- Where is the "E" in MCH? The need for an evidence-based approach in safe motherhood.
- Effectiveness of lifesaving skills training and improving institutional emergency obstetric care readiness in Lam Dong, Vietnam.
- Community-based kangaroo mother care to prevent neonatal and infant mortality: a randomized, controlled cluster trial.
- What measured blood loss tells us about postpartum bleeding: a systematic review.
- Comment on: 'Kangaroo mother care' to prevent neonatal deaths due to pre-term birth complications.
- Community Kangaroo Mother Care: implementation and potential for neonatal survival and health in very low-income settings.
- Introduction of misoprostol for prevention of postpartum hemorrhage at the community level in Senegal.
- Encouraging maternal health service utilization: an evaluation of the Bangladesh voucher program.
Carla A Bettencourt's Practice location
LOWELL, MA 01852Get Direction
Carla A Bettencourt's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Ways to Beat Procrastination: How to Get Away from It
What is procrastination?Do you find yourself putting things off too often and are always late for a meeting or any appointments? Do you identify yourself as someone who is unable to get properly organized? By now, you must have been aware that you are a procrastinator, who always tend to push things...
- Do You Have Trypophobia?
What is trypophobia?Trypophobia is the fear or feeling of disgust of closely packed holes. Individuals who have trypophobia tend to feel very unsettled the moment they look at surfaces that have small clustered holes. Few of the examples would be the head of the lotus seed pod or the body of a...
- AIDS: How to Give a Patient Emotional Support
OverviewFor a patient with HIV, physical health is not the only issue they have to face. Along with physical illness, there are loads of mental health issues that may also affect an HIV patient. These issues could be anything from depression and anxiety to insecurity and others. Many people suffer...
- Caring for a Loved One with CF
When someone that you love has cystic fibrosis, you want more than anything to help them through the difficult times. Simply being there for them is an important first step towards providing them with the support they need. Additionally, you will have to spend a few hours in the day incorporating...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Children
There are a number of characteristics that separate children and adolescents from adults. However, the main difference between the two is the fact that adults are more in control of every aspect of their lives compared to children and adolescents.We do find it normal for a child to experience...