Dr. Michelle Newman is a psychologist practicing in UNIVERSITY PARK, PA. Dr. Newman specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Newman evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Newman because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Michelle Gayle Newman PH.D.'s Practice location
UNIVERSITY PARK, PA 16802Get Direction
Dr. Michelle Gayle Newman PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Children
There are a number of characteristics that separate children and adolescents from adults. However, the main difference between the two is the fact that adults are more in control of every aspect of their lives compared to children and adolescents.We do find it normal for a child to experience...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Binge Eating Disorder?
Binge eating is when you feel a strong need to eat large amounts of food at all times without having control over it. Everybody overeats once in a while when having favorite meals or when really hungry. However, when the overeating becomes frequent and gets out of control, it crosses the line from...
- 17 Things That People with Type A Personalities Do
What is Type A Personality?In the 1950s, two cardiologists, Meyer Friedman and Ray Rosenman, developed Type A and Type B personality theory stating these are two contrasting personality types. According to this theory, Type A personalities are more competitive, outgoing, ambitious, impatient...
- Can Certain Lifestyle Choices Influence the Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an illness that affects the body’s nervous system and whose cure has yet to be found. MS is characterized by varying signs and symptoms depending on which part of the nervous system is affected. The main and most common signs and symptoms observable in most patients...
- When a Child with Autism Refuses Treatment
You have a child you love very much. You want to help them so that they can develop into as healthy and happy a person as they can be. But they refuse to cooperate with their unique autism treatment. What can you do?Children with autism can refuse treatment for a variety of reasons. Some reasons...
- Stress Can Lead to Binge Eating
According to a new survey presented at the annual meeting of American Psychological Association, there are those that lose their appetite when under stress but for the most part, people tend to overeat at the time of stress. The study conducted under the leadership of Kayla Ten Eycke, MSc, of the...
- Dr. Marie Land3181 SHELLERS BND STATE COLLEGE PA 16801
- Dr. Julian B Metter PH.D.313 Logan Ave State College PA 16801
- Dr. Rachel Foster Love PH.D.454 Rolling Ridge Dr State College PA 16801
- Dr. Celeste Ann Parker PHD110 Regent Ct State College PA 16801
- Dr. Michael Maccalmont Keil PH.D.1993 Cato Ave State College PA 16801
- Dr. Michelle Arbitell Other119 S Burrowes St State College PA 16801