Dr. Alexis Stephens is a dermatologist practicing in OAKLAND PARK, FL. Dr. Stephens specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Stephens diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
Ohio University Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) 2011
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- Dermatopathology- 2017
- Broward Health Chief Dermatology Resident 2016
- Skin and Cancer Associates Center for Cosmetic Enhancements Dermoscopy and Skin Cancer Fellow 2013
Alexis Stephens D.O.'s Practice location
OAKLAND PARK, FL 33308Get Direction
Coral Springs, FL 33073Get Direction
Alexis Stephens D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
- An Overview of Prescription Medications and Natural Remedies for Acne
Acne is a common condition which could affect almost everyone at some point. In many cases it can be managed easily and in other cases it can be lifelong problem.Acne treatment aims to clear spots as much as possible and most importantly, to prevent scarring. Several treatments are available for...
- Are Chemical Peels Good for Your Skin?
Chemical peeling, which is the process of peeling off the upper layers of the skin, are chemical solutions used to improve the appearance of skin. The solutions help the skin to peel off and allow for a smoother and healthier looking skin. Chemical peels are normally used on the face to reduce...
- Top 10 Common Acne Myths Debunked
Junk Food Causes Acne: Eating junk food like pizza, french fries, burgers, and chocolate doesn’t cause acne to develop. However, studies have shown that the sugary foods can aggravate the existing acne. This means if you want to have your favorite chocolate ice cream, don’t hold back. But if...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What Is Molluscum Contagiosum?
Molloscum contagiosum is a viral infection that presents wart-like bumps or small growths on the skin. Usually, these growths are pink, white, or skin-colored. They are smooth, shiny, and pearly looking. The center of these growths is indented like a dimple.This infection is very common among kids...
- Does Ingrown Hair Always Require Medical Treatment?
Hair deviating from its normal growth pattern; hairs that curl inwards or grows sideways deeper into the skin present embarrassing acne-like bumps that become an eyesore. Ingrown hairs also bring pain and infection in their wake.Medical treatments cover the entire spectrum from symptom alleviating...
- Dr. Anna Falabella MD3000 SW 148th Ave Miramar Florida 33027
- Dr. Shino Bay Aguilera DO350 East Las Olas Boulevard Fort Lauderdale Florida 33301
- Dr. Tami DeAraujo M.D.4800 N. Federal Hwy Boca Raton Florida 33431
- Dr. Daniel Wolf MD2925 Aventura Blvd. Aventura Florida 33180
- Dr. Barry Isaac Resnik M.D.2630 NE 203rd St Miami FL 33180
- Dr. Ira H Schlesinger MD4800 Linton Blvd Delray Beach FL 33445