Dr. Annmarie Bates is a speech language pathologist practicing in MT PLEASANT, MI. Dr. Bates specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Bates evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Bates helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Annmarie L Bates MSCCC-SLP's Practice location
MT PLEASANT, MI 48859Get Direction
Annmarie L Bates MSCCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Mark Edward Lehman PHD CCC-SLP1101 HEALTH PROFESSIONS BUILDING MT PLEASANT MI 48859
- Laurie Ann Bahlke MA CCC-SLP1101 HEALTH PROFESSIONS BUILDING MT PLEASANT MI 48859
- Kayla Elrod M.S. SLP842 W WARWICK DR ALMA MI 48801
- Mrs. Melissa Carol Chatelain MS-CCC-SLP1149 W MONROE RD SAINT LOUIS MI 48880
- Jennifer Lynn Thompson-mackovjak M.A. CCC-SLPCENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY MT PLEASANT MI 48859
- Theresa Marie Jones MS CCC-SLP1101 HEALTH PROFESSIONS BUILDING MT PLEASANT MI 48859