Dr. Carl Youngs practices Emergency Medicine in SAN DIEGO, CA. Dr. Youngs assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Youngs examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Dr. Carl Youngs MD's Practice location
SAN DIEGO, CA 92103Get Direction
Dr. Carl Youngs MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- What Is Epistaxis?
What is epistaxis?Epistaxis or commonly called a nosebleed is defined as a type of bleeding that occurs from the nostrils, the nasal cavity, or the nasopharynx. Nosebleeds are mostly caused by the rupture of blood vessels inside the nose. Bleeding may be spontaneous or caused by injuries or trauma....
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Dr. Andrew P. Desjardins M.D.7901 Frost Street San Diego California 92123
- Dr. Donald J Butera MD5555 Grossmont Center Drive La Mesa CA 91942
- Dr. Kenneth A. Schild M.D.10666 N Torrey Pines Rd La Jolla CA 92037
- Dr. Mark Vernon Olcott MDBldg H100, Santa Margarita Road Camp Pendleton CA 92055
- Dr. Vasiliki M Anvari M.D.250 Prospect Pl Coronado CA 92118
- Dr. Laurance Davis Cracroft M.D.4077 Fifth Ave San Diego CA 92103