Dr. Michael Matthews is a speech language pathologist practicing in ORLANDO, FL. Dr. Matthews specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Matthews evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Matthews helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Michael Matthews's Practice location
ORLANDO, FL 32828Get Direction
Michael Matthews's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Ms. Morgan Shipe M.A4401 E COLONIAL DR ORLANDO FL 32803
- Kimberly H Stewart M.A. SLP1850 LEE RD STE 134 WINTER PARK FL 32789
- Ms. Peni Drane Yarbrough MACCCSPL505 VIA DEL ORO DR UNIT 205 ALTAMONTE SPRINGS FL 32714
- Ms. Renee Wilaynewick Jahn M.S.CCC-SLP1016 SPRING VILLAS PT. SUITE 1030 WINTER SPRINGS FL 32708
- Melissa Anne Holloway M.A. CFY-SLP4401 E COLONIAL DR ORLANDO FL 32803
- Mrs. Lisa Janine Thomas MS CCC-SLP1360 LAKE BALDWIN LN APT C ORLANDO FL 32814