Charles Wurm is a physician assistant practicing in TOPEKA, KS. Charles specializes in preventing and treating human illness and injury by providing a broad range of care under the supervision of a physician. A physician assistant's work can include physical exams, ordering and interpreting tests, performing procedures and prescribing medication. Often times, they can assist in surgery but the scope of practice can vary according to jurisdiction or health care setting.
- Designing an integrated extracorporeal therapy service quality system.
- Are perfusion technology and perfusionists ready for quality reporting employing six-sigma performance measurement?
- Internet-based virtual classroom and educational management software enhance students' didactic and clinical experiences in perfusion education programs.
- A failure mode effect analysis on extracorporeal circuits for cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Quantifying platelet gel coagulation using Sonoclot and Thrombelastograph hemostasis analyzer.
- Thrombelastograph (TEG) analysis of platelet gel formed with different thrombin concentrations.
- Job analysis and student assessment tool: perfusion education clinical preceptor.
- In vitro drug adsorption and plasma free hemoglobin levels associated with hollow fiber oxygenators in the extracorporeal life support (ECLS) circuit.
- Evidence-based algorithm for heparin dosing before cardiopulmonary bypass. Part 1: Development of the algorithm.
- A report of perfusion staffing survey: decision factors that influence staffing of perfusion teams.
- Arterial line filters ranked for gaseous micro-emboli separation performance: an in vitro study.
- On-line autotransfusion waste calculator.
- Novoseven use in a non-cardiac pediatric ECMO patient with uncontrolled bleeding.
- Plateauing oxygen consumption.
- An in-vitro comparison between Hemobag and non-Hemobag ultrafiltration methods of salvaging circuit blood following cardiopulmonary bypass.
- 2011 John H. Gibbon, Jr. Award Lecture. Be prepared. Be safe. Feel safe.
- We are forever pumping air: the human body has the amazing ability to absorb gaseous microemboli during cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Pump sucker discipline.
- Response to letter "Going beyond manufacturers' limitations is not in the best interests of our patients" by Gerard J. Myers.
- In Memorian. Remembrances of Maddie.
- Perfusion Electronic Record Documentation Using Epic Systems Software.
- The Heater Cooler as a Source of Infection from Nontuberculous Mycobacteria.
- Classic Pages of the Journal of Extracorporeal Technology: Heater-Cooler Devices as a Conceivable Source of Infection.
- Lean Flow: Optimizing Cardiopulmonary Bypass Equipment and Flow for Obese Patients-A Technique Article.
Charles M Wurm PA's Practice location
TOPEKA, KS 66606Get Direction
Topeka, KS 66618Get Direction
Charles M Wurm PA's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Emphysema? Home Remedies for Emphysema Patients
Emphysema is a form of chronic lung disease and one of the main types of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). This disease is regarded as "obstructive" because people who are suffering from emphysema exhale air as if there is an obstruction. There are various factors that can cause...
- How Your Immune System Works
What is the immune system and how does it work?The immune system is regarded as the natural defense system in your body. The immune system, together with a network of cells and tissues, as well as body organs, protects your body against harmful foreign invaders or substances. Examples of foreign...
- The Different Stages of Liver Cancer
Staging liver cancer is a procedure which aims to describe where your cancer is located, where it has spread to, and if it has affected other body parts or organs. Staging liver cancer is very important since it helps in determining the prognosis of your cancer and the most suitable treatment option...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Can Children Suffer from Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is a very common sleep disorder that can affect any individual at any age, even children. It is typically caused by something that blocks the airway, thus leading to abnormal breathing while asleep. If your child snores loudly or displays other symptoms such as breathing difficulties...
- Inspiring Man with Becker Muscular Dystrophy Hikes 500-Mile Spanish Trail
This man hiked 500 miles this summer, and he also has Becker muscular dystrophy.This is the inspiring story of Bryan Steward. He is a 24-year-old man who was diagnosed with Becker muscular dystrophy at a very young age (when he was only 8 years old). However, he has never stopped hiking. Since he...