Peter Mullen is a psychologist practicing in NEWPORT, RI. Peter specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Peter evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Peter because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Peter Mullen's Practice location
NEWPORT, RI 02840Get Direction
Peter Mullen's reviewsWrite Review
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- What Is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by obsessive, unreasonable thoughts, and repetitive, compulsive behaviors. The recurring thoughts and fears, called obsessions, leads to the need to repetitively perform certain actions, called compulsions, that would help in...
- Depression and Sex: How Depression Can Affect Your Sex Life
Maslow’s theory of needs describes sex as one of the basic requirements of human beings. The feelings of pleasure and contentment experienced during sex are rooted in the brain. Contrary to popular belief, our brain is the primary sex organ. When an individual indulges in sexual activity, our sex...
- Understanding Clinical Depression
Clinical depression is a serious medical illness that negatively affects how an individual feels, thinks, and how he or she acts. Depression varies from mild to severe, and in certain instances the individual can experience temporary episodes of sadness.Clinical depression is also known as major...
- Sixteen-year-old Student with Autism Wins Half-Marathon on First Try
Competing in a half-marathon is a feat for everyone involved; there are immense pressures and completing all those miles is extremely grueling. Just to finish is impressive, but winning the race is astounding. What makes such a thing even more remarkable? Winning with autism. Logan Thomas is only...
- Is My Diarrhea Caused by Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
What is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common gut disorder. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is unlike inflammatory bowel disease and differs from other bowel conditions. It is a group of several symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating, cramping, constipation,...
- Dr. Peter Jeffrey Kosseff PH.D.37 Powel Ave Newport RI 02840
- Dr. James E. Kraeger PH.D.28 Pelham St Newport RI 02840
- Dr. Karen Elizabeth Renzulli PSY.D.42 Spring St Newport RI 02840
- Dr. John James Kenny PH.D.37 Powel Ave Newport RI 02840
- Sondra Helene Gold PH.D.8 Equality Park W Newport RI 02840
- Dr. Christopher John Cunningham PSY.D.117 Bellevue Ave Newport RI 02840