Dr. Elizabeth Hechenbleikner is a General/Bariatric surgeon practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Hechenbleikner specializes in minimally invasive abdominal surgery including foregut, weight loss operations, small bowel resection, large bowel resection, gallbladder, hernias, solid organ, peritoneal dialysis catheters, and bowel obstructions as well as skin and soft tissue problems. General surgeons are able to deal with many acute surgical and/or critical care emergencies. Dr. Hechenbleikner provides quality surgical services, professionalism, and compassionate care for simple and complex abdominal and surgical disease processes and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Wake Forest University B.S. 2000
UNC School of Medicine M.D. 2009
American Board of Surgery
- Georgetown University (General Surgery)
- Georgetown University
- Johns Hopkins University (Surgical Research), Mount Sinai Hospital (Advanced Gastrointestinal Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, Georgia Society of the American College of Surgeons
- Emory University Hospital ( Atlanta, GA )
- Emory University Hospital Midtown ( Atlanta, GA )
Dr. Elizabeth M. Hechenbleikner, MD's Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30308Get Direction
Atlanta, GA 30307Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Elizabeth M. Hechenbleikner, MD | Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Elizabeth M. Hechenbleikner, MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Cholecystitis?
What is cholecystitis?Cholecystitis is the inflammation of the gallbladder, which is a pear-shaped organ situated under the liver. The gallbladder serves as the storage organ for bile until it is needed for the digestion of fatty foods in the duodenum or the first segment of the small...
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk of Getting Appendicitis?
The appendix found in the human body was long the subject of debate among doctors all over the world in their journals and reviews. However, very few of these debates have turned out to be worthy of serious consideration because the majority of doctors have conceded the fact that the appendix serves...
- When Is Thyroid Surgery Necessary?
Overview of ThyroidectomyHypothyroidism, as the name indicates, refers to an underactive form of the thyroid gland. It means that the thyroid gland fails to produce a sufficient amount of thyroid hormones in the body. The removal of the thyroid gland will further reduce the production of hormones,...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- Everything You Need to Know About Anal Fissures
An anal fissure is a linear tear in the skin of the distal anal canal below the dentate line. Millions of people suffer from painful bowel movements due to anal fissures.This condition is commonly experienced by young people, but it can also be found in grown men and women. The most common symptom...
- What Conditions Warrant a Hysterectomy?
Upon reaching reproductive age, the womb (uterus) creates ideal conditions for pregnancy, gestation, and delivery of a baby. But many things can go wrong within the female reproductive system. Development of fibroid masses, outgrowths of the endometrial lining, and excessive vaginal bleeding are...
- Dr. David N. Armstrong MD721 Wellness Way Lawrenceville Georgia 30046
- Dr. Lyle Christopher Young MD2557 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85295
- Dr. Joseph F Magliocca MDEmory University Hospital Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Brian Christopher Organ M.D.285 Boulevard Ne Atlanta GA 30312
- Dr. Rogsbert F Phillips M.D.5910 Hillandale Dr Lithonia GA 30058
- Dr. Ryan Matthew Katz M.D.303 Parkway Dr Ne Atlanta GA 30312