Dr. Lauren Shaffer is an optometrist practicing in YORK, PA. Dr. Shaffer specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Shaffer performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Lauren Marjorie Shaffer OD's Practice location
YORK, PA 17404Get Direction
Lauren Marjorie Shaffer OD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- What to Expect After LASIK Eye Surgery
LASIK eye surgery is a corrective procedure that aims to rectify vision distortions that are caused by the changing curvature of the cornea and shifting length of the eyeball. The cornea is a transparent coating that bulges on the outside of the eyeball, and allows light to penetrate its surface at...
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- What is Secondary Cataracts?
Everyone who has had their cataracts removed surgically remembers how happy they felt when they finally regained their ability to see. The world all of a sudden became more lively and full of color. You began doing things you couldn't do when you had the cataracts. But then you began noticing your...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- How Long Does It Take To Get A Cataract Removed?
How Cataract Surgery is Performed Prior to a cataracts surgery, you will have to attend an eye assessment with an ophthalmologist. The ophthalmologist will first examine your health condition and any previous eye treatments. They will also check for any other eye problems currently affecting...
- Dr. Andrew L Leitzel O.D.234 Rosedale Dr Manchester PA 17345
- Stephen B West OD555 Gettysburg Pike Mechanicsburg PA 17055
- Dr. Loretta K Schmidgall OD PC3211 Carlisle Rd Dover PA 17315
- John T Kardos O.D.204 N Constitution Ave New Freedom PA 17349
- Dr. Matthew Lloyd Burr O.D.1155 Carlisle St Hanover PA 17331
- Dr. Mistie Marie Hockman-haag O.D.390 Lincoln Way E New Oxford PA 17350