Dr. Tess Tavill is a speech language pathologist practicing in SACRAMENTO, CA. Dr. Tavill specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Tavill evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Tavill helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Tess Emily Tavill M.S., CFY-SLP's Practice location
SACRAMENTO, CA 95817Get Direction
Tess Emily Tavill M.S., CFY-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Ms. Mary E Shaw MA,CCC-SLP3205 HURLEY WAY SACRAMENTO CA 95864
- Cydne Tullis2200 VINEYARD RD ROSEVILLE CA 95747
- Debra Lewis8336 FAIR OAKS BLVD CARMICHAEL CA 95608
- Mackay O'keefe CCC-SLP4860 Y ST SACRAMENTO CA 95817
- Rhonda Michele Matsumoto SP1625 STOCKTON BLVD SACRAMENTO CA 95816
- Mrs. Ann Marie Tompkins M.S., CCC-SLP7139 COBALT WAY CITRUS HEIGHTS CA 95621