Dr. Emily Farr is a psychologist practicing in GERMANTOWN, MD. Dr. Farr specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Farr evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Farr because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Emily Farr PHD's Practice location
GERMANTOWN, MD 20876Get Direction
Emily Farr PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Bedtime Procrastination?
When we hear the word “procrastination,” most people think of work. Procrastination is not something we automatically associate with bedtime or sleep. However, a new type of procrastination has been identified, and it particularly affects our behavior in the bedroom. With the influx of...
- X Factor Star Susan Boyle on Asperger's Diagnosis
In 2012, Scottish singer Susan Boyle was diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome (AS). Before her diagnosis, Susan’s team believed that her ‘unpredictable’ and ‘eccentric’ behavior was due to her being a diva and hot-headed. They considered that she acted the way she did because she was...
- Porn-Induced Erectile Dysfunction: Is It Real?
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is the inability of a man to get or maintain a full erection while performing sexual intercourse. The repeated and consistent problems in erection render a man unfit to engage in sexual activity. The University of Washington in Seattle concludes that 1 in 5 men suffer from...
- Anxiety Increases the Risk of Heart Attack
As men age, their risk of heart attack rises, especially if they are prone to anxiety. In a 12-year study, anxiety was found to increase the risk of heart attack by 30% to 40% in men who are anxious when compared to men who are calmer, irrespective of other personality and risk factors. In this...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a psychotherapy treatment that involves a direct and practical approach to solving problems. It is short-term and focuses on changing the behavioral and thinking patterns of an individual so as to change the way he or she is feeling. It has proved to be...
- How Google Glass Can Change How Kids with Autism Read and Speak
Typically, children with autism struggle communicating with others in back and forth conversations. For this reason, researchers at the University of Toronto have developed an app called Holli, which works with Google Glass and serves as an aid for children with ASD.The software has a program that...
- Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD4809 St Elmo Avenue Bethesda MD 20814
- Samira Joron-Badr20509 Morningside Terrace Sterling VA 20165
- Dr. Christina Beth Tripodi PSY.D.3033 Wilson Blvd Arlington VA 22201
- Dr. Risa E Sanders PH.D.1313 Vincent Place Mc Lean VA 22101
- Dr. Courtney Elizabeth linder Freiman PSY.D.2000 N. 15th Street Arlington VA 22201
- Joan Atchinson15701 Crabbs Branch Way Rockville MD 20855