Dr. Brittany Raffa is a pediatrician practicing in ITHACA, NY. Dr. Raffa is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Raffa diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Raffa can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Brittany J Raffa M.D.'s Practice location
ITHACA, NY 14850Get Direction
Brittany J Raffa M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease?
This mild viral disease most commonly seen in children is caused by enterovirus. Hand, foot, and mouth disease may happen in adults as well. It is characterized by sores in the mouth, hands, and legs and usually lasts for a few weeks. The disease is more common during the summer and fall. This...
- Does the Pertussis Vaccine Have Any Contraindications and Side Effects?
Pertussis is an infection of the upper respiratory system. The disease is highly contagious and spreads through the coughing and sneezing of an infected individual. This highly contagious and airborne disease is caused by the bacteria called Bordetella pertussis. The symptoms of pertussis typically...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- What Medications Are Required to Treat Meningitis?
The type of treatment to use is determined by the organism that causes the illness, the severity of the disease, the age of the patient and overall health status.What tests are done to identify meningitis?A few tests may be performed to determine whether you have meningitis. Tests are also done to...
- Mesenteric Adenitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Introduction Mesenteric adenitis is the inflammation of the lymph nodes present in the mesentery, which is the membrane that attaches the small intestine to the abdominal cavity wall. It usually causes abdominal pain, especially in children and teenagers. Lymph nodes contain lymphocytes, which are...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Mrs. Nicole L Gergen MD593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Cathy Zarzecki MD11 Alvena Ave Cortland NY 13045
- Dr. Dhruti Naik M.D.1 Guthrie Sq Sayre PA 18840
- Dr. Amitabh Shrivastava M.D.1301 Trumansburg Rd Ithaca NY 14850
- Dr. Ahmad Javid MD11 Alvena Ave Cortland NY 13045
- Dr. Suzanne Marie Bradshaw M.D.10 Graham Rd W Ithaca NY 14850