Dr. Jewel Harvey is a psychiatrist practicing in COLUMBIA, SC. Dr. Harvey is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Harvey diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Harvey may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Harvey treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Jewel Marie Harvey MD's Practice location
COLUMBIA, SC 29203Get Direction
Jewel Marie Harvey MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Shortness of Breath and Panic Attacks
A panic attack is the most well-known symptom of a panic disorder. Oftentimes, panic attacks come unexpectedly and are usually accompanied by various frightening physical sensations, including hyperventilation or shortness of breath. They are sudden periods of intense fear and anxiety. Panic attacks...
- The Connection Between Seasonal Affective Disorder and Fibromyalgia
With winter on everyone's doorstep and the snow that comes with it, there are some people who cannot enjoy the winter as much as other people around them.For those who have seasonal affective disorder, they usually do not feel as comfortable as others once the weather changes. Leaves fall, and lands...
- Can ADHD Be Treated Only with Medication?
Medication alone isn’t enough. Medication for ADHD is not all about seeking the services of a doctor or physician. You need to design mechanisms you can use to tackle the challenges associated with ADHD so that you can lead a more peaceful and productive life. With the most reliable tips, you can...
- How Depression Leads to COPD Medication Non-Adherence
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a progressive disease that still does not have a cure. The World Health Organization predicts that COPD will become the fourth leading cause of death worldwide by 2030. The predominant cause for COPD is tobacco smoking. Most symptoms are irreversible,...
- 5 Tips on Living with ADHD
People suffering from ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) experience a lot of challenges. The symptoms associated with this condition can really be detrimental to an individual’s quality of life. However, being conversant with some useful tips on the management of such symptoms can be...
- What is Post Partum Depression?
Mood swings are normal after giving birth. Your emotions could be so high then down the next minute. These changes in emotion is called post partum baby blues, which begins two to three days after giving birth and usually lasts for two weeks.On the other hand, some moms or new moms experience severe...
- Robert Nicholson Milling Other7901 Farrow Rd Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Trimaine M. Brinkley MDPsychiatry Clinic - 15 Medical Park Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Joseph Hunter Gaskins M.D.General Psychiatry - 15 Medical Park Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Stephanie Rene Chapman D.O.Psychiatry Clinic - 15 Medical Park Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Emile A Barrouk MD15 Medical Park Rd Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Rachel Annette Houchins MDFifteen Medical Park Columbia SC 29203