Dr. James Davis is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in IOWA CITY, IA. Dr. Davis specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
Dr. James Muse Davis M.D.'s Practice location
IOWA CITY, IA 52242Get Direction
Dr. James Muse Davis M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Can Make Me Think that My Baby Has Mumps?
How Can My Baby Catch Mumps?The causing agent of mumps is the virus of mumps (paramyxovirus). Mumps is a disease which falls under the so-called group of childrens' disease. However, adults can also contract mumps. The difference between this disease in kids and grown-ups is the severity of the...
- Are There Any Complications of Mumps?
What Can Make Me Think That My Baby Is Having Complications?Mumps develop a row of inflammations in the different parts of your child’s body. The intensity of the condition varies and the age of your child plays a pivotal role here. Inflammation of the testicles (orchitis) may occur on the 6-8th...
- How is Cholera Diagnosed?
How is Cholera Diagnosed?Cholera is an acute bacteria disease caused by a bacterium called Vibrio cholerae. Infection with the cholera bacteria can lead to severe vomiting and diarrhea and finally electrolyte loss or dehydration. If not treated, cholera can, in many cases, result in death.In order...
- What Should I Do If My Baby Has Mumps?
What is mumps?Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection. The virus invades the parotid glands of the individual causing pain and inflammation of these glands. It is characterized by a “hamster-like” swelling of the patient’s face. The initial symptoms may take up to two weeks to manifest....
- Is the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Vaccine Safe for My Baby?
What are some considerations with regard to vaccination?Never hide anything from your GP while he is deciding about the shots for your baby as your carelessness might have grave after-effects (side effects) for your baby. If your baby has diarrhea or is recovering from the flu, it would not be the...
- What to Expect on Your Future Visits to the Doctor After You Have Been Diagnosed with Lyme Disease
A diagnosis of Lyme disease immediately calls for a 2-4 week course of antibiotics. Doxycycline, amoxicillin, and cefuroxime axetil are some of the antibiotics most commonly used to treat Lyme disease. However, treatment may still vary depending on the symptoms present and the stage at which the...
- Dr. Charles F Grose MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Oscar Gilberto Gomez MD PHD3601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. Christine S Ziebold MD, PHD,MPH200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Jean Ok Kim M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Masaki Yamada M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Stanley Marc Perlman MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242