Dr. Megan M. Huyett, DMD, FAGD
Dentist117 Chestnut St Needham MA, 02492
Dr. Megan Huyett is a Dentist practicing in Needham, MA. Dr. Huyett specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Education and Training
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry degree 0
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Pharmacokinetics of mycophenolic acid (MPA) and free MPA in paediatric renal transplant recipients--a multicentre study. The German Study Group on Mycophenolate Mofetil (MMF) Therapy.
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of total and free mycophenolic acid (MPA) and limited sampling strategy for determination of MPA-AUC in paediatric renal transplant recipients. The German Study Group on Mycophenolate Mofetil (MMF) Therapy.
- Area under the plasma concentration-time curve for total, but not for free, mycophenolic acid increases in the stable phase after renal transplantation: a longitudinal study in pediatric patients. German Study Group on Mycophenolate Mofetil Therapy i
- Mycophenolate mofetil in pediatric renal transplantation without induction therapy: results after 12 months of treatment. German Pediatric Renal Transplantation Study Group.
- Mycophenolate mofetil in pediatric renal transplantation.
- C2 monitoring and absorption profiling of cyclosporine for optimization of immunosuppressive therapy in pediatric renal transplant recipients.
- [Enuresis in childhood].
- Population pharmacokinetics of mycophenolic acid in pediatric renal transplant patients using parametric and nonparametric approaches.
- Inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase activity in paediatrics: age-related regulation and response to mycophenolic acid.
- Therapeutic monitoring of immunosuppressive drugs in pediatric patients: special considerations.
- Extrarenal Manifestations in Shigatoxin-associated Haemolytic Uremic Syndrome.
- [Health care of refugees in 2015 - Evaluation of an ambulance for refugees in a Cologne emergency accommodation (Cologne Model)].
- Pharmacokinetics of mycophenolic acid (MPA) and determinants of MPA free fraction in pediatric and adult renal transplant recipients. German Study group on Mycophenolate Mofetil Therapy in Pediatric Renal Transplant Recipients.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Dr. Megan M. Huyett, DMD, FAGD's Practice location
Needham, MA 02492Get Direction
Get to know Dentist Dr. Megan M. Huyett, who serves patients in Needham, Massachusetts.
A skilled dentist, Dr. Huyett works alongside Dr. Thomas F. McGillicuddy at their private practice - McGillicuddy | Huyett Dental - in Needham, Massachusetts. She is dedicated to providing her patients with superior care, respect, and compassion.
With over 40 years of combined clinical experience, Drs. McGillicuddy and Huyett are focused on exceptional, patient-centered care. As a family-owned practice, they understand how important it is to be treated like family. They provide outstanding specialized periodontal care and preventive, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry.
In regards to her educational background, Dr. Huyett received her Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry degree from the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, where she graduated Magna Cum Laude. She was elected to the national dental honor society, Omicron Kappa Upsilon, and received numerous honors and awards including The Alumni Clinical Excellence Award in Geriatric Dentistry, The Northeastern Society of Periodontists Award, and a Merit Scholarship based on Academic Performance.
Thereafter, she trained at Pittsburgh’s VA Medical Center as a general practice resident treating medically complicated patients and strengthened her expertise and knowledge in oral surgery, periodontology, implantology, endodontics, and esthetic dentistry.
While practicing dentistry in Pittsburgh, Dr. Huyett was first exposed to and began to treat patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). She completed the Tufts University Dental Sleep Medicine Mini-Residency Program in 2018, and was recognized as a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine. She remains committed to the study and practice of dental sleep medicine, providing patients with an alternative treatment option to CPAP and surgery for obstructive sleep apnea.
In July 2019, she received the Fellowship Award from the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD). The FAGD is presented to dentists who seek to provide the highest quality dental care by remaining current in their profession. To receive this award, she completed 500 hours of continuing dental education, passed a comprehensive written exam and fulfilled three years of continuing membership with the AGD.
Dentistry, also known as Dental and Oral Medicine, is a branch of medicine that consists of the study, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, disorders, and conditions of the oral cavity. Dentists diagnose and treat dental issues and help patients develop better oral hygiene regimens. They clean teeth, correct bite issues, perform surgeries and extractions, and perform other duties to ensure that the teeth and mouth are healthy.
On a more personal note, Dr. Huyett currently resides in Wayland, Massachusetts with her husband, Phil Huyett, and their young daughters, Charlotte and Hannah.
- Gum Contouring
Gum contouring, also known as gum reshaping or tissue sculpting, is a dental procedure done to correct an uneven gum line in people who have teeth resting either too high or low on the gums.The cause of the gums being too high or too low is mainly genetics. It may also be due to certain medical...
- Most Common Causes of Bad Breath
Bad breath, medically known as halitosis, is an indicator of poor dental hygiene, but may also result from other health issues. The types of food you eat and your lifestyle habits strongly affect your breath. If you eat foods with strong odors, it is only normal that it changes the smell of your...
- Are Dentures the Solution to Your Dental Problems?
What are dentures?A denture is a device prepared by laboratory technicians in order to replace missing teeth. Dentures are a good option for patients without any teeth, or for patients with some missing teeth who want to have a beautiful smile again. Dentures are not only meant for cosmetic...
- What Are the Best Home Remedies for Dry Mouth?
Ever felt your mouth suddenly going dry and the need to reach for some water to get rid of the dryness? This is a condition that may occur to you frequently. It is called, fittingly enough, dry mouth. Dry mouth is a condition that can occur due to reduced amounts of saliva in the mouth. Dry mouth is...
- Is It Safe to Go to the Dentist While Pregnant?
Pregnancy is the most precious time for any woman, as well as for her partner. However, being pregnant makes the future mother worry about her health and the subsequent health of her child. Therefore, when a need arises to go to a dentist, many pregnant women are not sure what to do. However, many...
- How to Prepare for Your Dental Appointment
According to the American Dental Association (ADA), people should visit a respectable dental office like Macleod trail dental every six months to maintain optimal oral health. Dental problems should never be ignored since they can become serious and contribute to other medical conditions, such as...
- Dr. Karen Madruga DMD11 Main St Southborough MA 01772
- Mrs. Mojgan Rahimi D.M.D.608 Washington St Canton MA 02021
- Dr. Ankoo Raina DMD274 Newbury St Boston MA 02116
- Ronnie Du DMD323 Boston Post Road Sudbury MA 01776
- Alan Sasson D.M.D.12 Webster St Brookline MA 02446
- Dr. Brian F. Shaughnessy D.M.D.233 BOSTON POST RD WAYLAND MA 01778