Dr. Joel Waddell is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in KANSAS CITY, MO. Dr. Waddell specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
Education and Training
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of Kansas School of Medicine Program
Dr. Joel Waddell DO's Practice location
KANSAS CITY, MO 64108Get Direction
Kansas City, KS 66160Get Direction
Dr. Joel Waddell DO's reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Meningitis?
Meningitis occurs when the meninges, the protective membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord, get inflamed or irritated. Meningitis is an outcome of certain bacteria or viruses entering the body when our immune system is weak.These bacteria and viruses live in the nose, throat, or the...
- What to Expect on Your Future Visits to the Doctor After You Have Been Diagnosed with Lyme Disease
A diagnosis of Lyme disease immediately calls for a 2-4 week course of antibiotics. Doxycycline, amoxicillin, and cefuroxime axetil are some of the antibiotics most commonly used to treat Lyme disease. However, treatment may still vary depending on the symptoms present and the stage at which the...
- Orchitis After Mumps
Orchitis is an inflammatory condition of the testes caused by an infection from a virus or bacteria. The infection could be because of mumps, mononucleosis or STDs. Infection due to bacteria develops from the progression of epididymitis, a tube that carries semen out of the testes. Mumps virus is...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Does the Pertussis Vaccine Have Any Contraindications and Side Effects?
Pertussis is an infection of the upper respiratory system. The disease is highly contagious and spreads through the coughing and sneezing of an infected individual. This highly contagious and airborne disease is caused by the bacteria called Bordetella pertussis. The symptoms of pertussis typically...
- What Is Diarrhea: Get the Facts
Diarrhea is a very common water-borne disease. A person who has diarrhea passes loose or liquid stool at least three times a day or more frequently than what is normal for the person. The reason behind the consistency and frequency of these bowel movements in a case of diarrhea is the increased flow...
- Dr. Christopher Joseph Harrison M.D.2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Douglas Scott Swanson MD2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Jason Guy Newland MD2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Barbara Pahud MD MPH FAAP2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Susana Chavez-bueno MD2401 GILLHAM RD KANSAS CITY MO 64108
- Dr. Mary anne Jackson MD2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108