Dr. Christopher Diorio practices Emergency Medicine in CHARLOTTE, NC. Dr. Diorio assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Diorio examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- Medical College of Georgia 2002Teacher of the Year Award
- MemberAmerican Society of Bariatric Physicians
- Member The Obesity Society
- Member Society of Academic Physicians
- Member NCCEP
- Member American College of Emergency Physicians
- Palmetto Hlth Alliance, Emergency Medicine
- University of South Carolina Affiliated Hospitals 2001
Dr. Christopher Diorio MD's Practice location
CHARLOTTE, NC 28226Get Direction
Huntersville, NC 28078Get Direction
Dr. Christopher Diorio MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is Epistaxis?
What is epistaxis?Epistaxis or commonly called a nosebleed is defined as a type of bleeding that occurs from the nostrils, the nasal cavity, or the nasopharynx. Nosebleeds are mostly caused by the rupture of blood vessels inside the nose. Bleeding may be spontaneous or caused by injuries or trauma....
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- Dr. Harry M. Little M.D.1900 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Marc Alan Darst MD11301 Golf Links Drive North Charlotte NC 28277
- Dr. Josie B Bowen MD1900 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Nadine Lettman-carswell MD3101 Latrobe Dr Charlotte NC 28211
- Dr. Steven G Folstad M.D.1900 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Todd M Listwa M.D.1900 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207