Dr. William A Jiranek M.D.
Orthopaedic Surgeon1250 E Marshall Street Orthopaedic Surgery Richmond VA, 23298
Dr. William Jiranek is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Richmond, VA. Dr. Jiranek specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Jiranek tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Univ of Va Sch of Med, Charlottesville Va 1985
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Mechanical comparison of fixation techniques for the tibial tubercle osteotomy.
- Acetabular liner fixation by cement.
- The results of tibial tubercle osteotomy for revision total knee arthroplasty.
- The incidence of heterotopic ossification after total knee arthroplasty.
- Dynamic confirmation of fixation techniques of the tibial tubercle osteotomy.
- Mechanical effects of the extended trochanteric osteotomy.
- Effect of pigmentation on the mechanical and polymerization characteristics of bone cement.
- Expression of RANKL in osteolytic membranes: association with fibroblastic cell
- Factors predicting the failure of Bernese periacetabular osteotomy: a meta-regression analysis.
- Two-year incidence and predictors of future knee arthroplasty in persons with symptomatic knee osteoarthritis: preliminary analysis of longitudinal data from the osteoarthritis initiative.
- Major depression, generalized anxiety disorder, and panic disorder in patients scheduled for knee arthroplasty.
- Preoperative pain catastrophizing predicts pain outcome after knee arthroplasty.
- Does femoral component loosening predispose to femoral fracture?: an in vitro comparison of cemented hips.
- Sports after knee arthroplasty: partial versus total knee arthroplasty.
- Factors associated with rapid progression to knee arthroplasty: complete analysis of three-year data from the osteoarthritis initiative.
- Save the torn labrum in hips with borderline acetabular coverage.
- Progressing toward, and recovering from, knee replacement surgery: a five-year cohort study.
- Initial stability of press-fit acetabular components under rotational forces.
- Inhibition of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus-induced cytokines mRNA production in human bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3.
- Loosely implanted cementless stems may become rotationally stable after loading.
- Using surgical appropriateness criteria to examine outcomes of total knee arthroplasty in a United States sample.
- Letter to the editor: preoperative pain and function profiles reflect consistent TKA patient selection among US surgeons.
- Reply: To PMID 24974958.
- A novel approach for determining three-dimensional acetabular orientation: results from two hundred subjects.
- Knee osteoarthritis radiographic progression and associations with pain and function prior to knee arthroplasty: a multicenter comparative cohort study.
- Revision TKA for Flexion Instability Improves Patient Reported Outcomes.
- Does Increased Coefficient of Friction of Highly Porous Metal Increase Initial Stability at the Acetabular Interface?
- Porous Tantalum Buttress Augments for Severe Acetabular Posterior Column Deficiency.
- Patient Radiation Exposure During Fluoro-Assisted Direct Anterior Approach Total Hip Arthroplasty.
- Hip contact stress and femoral neck retroversion: a biomechanical study to evaluate implication of femoroacetabular impingement.
- Acetabular Dysplasia in Middle-Aged Patients: Periacetabular Osteotomy or Total Hip Arthroplasty?
- Patient Optimization-Strategies That Work: Malnutrition.
- Novel potential marker for native anteversion of the proximal femur.
- External Validation of a Prognostic Model for Predicting Nonresponse Following Knee Arthroplasty.
- Change at the Wheel.
- The Effect of Prophylactic Cerclage Wires in Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Biomechanical Study.
- Initial Stability of Cemented vs Cementless Tibial Components Under Cyclic Load.
- Periarticular Injections in Knee and Hip Arthroplasty: Where and What to Inject.
- Determining the Threshold for HbA1c as a Predictor for Adverse Outcomes After Total Joint Arthroplasty: A Multicenter, Retrospective Study.
- Oral Multimodal Analgesia for Total Joint Arthroplasty.
- Current Trends in Pain Management in Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasties.
- Teaching the technique of microsurgical intraneural neurolysis.
- Platelet-derived growth factor in fibrous musculoskeletal disorders: a study of pathologic tissue sections and in vitro primary cell cultures.
- Transforming growth factor-beta 1 and 2 in the synovial-like interface membrane between implant and bone in loosening of total hip arthroplasty.
- Periprosthetic femoral osteolysis around an uncemented nonmodular Moore prosthesis.
- Macrophage activation results in bone resorption.
- A comparison of the midvastus and paramedian approaches for total knee arthroplasty.
- American Orthopaedic Assn 1992 Research Award
- 1940 Research Grant, Johnson and Johnson Corporation, $ 000
- 1994 Consultant Reviewer, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
- 1996 Medical College of Virginia Institutional Grant, $
- 1997 Research Grant, Zimmer Corporation, $100,000
- 1998 Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation Resident Grant $ 000
- 1999 Research Grant, Lifenet Tissue Bank $ 800
- 2000 Past President - Va. Orthopaedic Society, Va. Orthopaedic Society
- 2001 Consultant Reviewer, Journal of Orthopaedic Research
- 2003 Elected member, American Orthopaedic Association
- 2005 Chair, Subcommittee on Adult Reconstruction, Hip, AAOS
- Joint Reconstruction, Surgical Procedures, Reconstructive Surgery And More
- New England Med Ctr Hosps, Orthopedic Surgery; Union Mem Hosp, General Surgery
- Tufts University Affiliated Hospitals 1990
- Molecular Orthopaedic Pathology, Tufts University Departments of Pathology and Orthopaedics, Boston, MA USA 1991
- Adult Reconstruction, Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA USA 1992
Dr. William A Jiranek M.D.'s Practice location
Richmond, VA 23298Get Direction
DURHAM, NC 27703Get Direction
Dr. William A Jiranek M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jiranek
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- Physical Activity Benefits Knees
Results from a new study contradict earlier reports that exercise may not be beneficial for the knees. According to the new study, there is no doubt that exercise improves knee cartilage and the overall knee health. The researchers do agree that exercise is linked with increased chances of bony...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Arthritis?
Arthritis is a condition that causes inflammation and swelling in the joints. It may also affect the tissues surrounding the joints and other adjacent or connective tissues, and its adverse effects may be either on one or multiple joints. The arthritic disease or condition can be categorized into...
- Risk Factors For Bursitis
Bursitis is a condition that can affect just about anyone, depending on different conditions such as the environment, regular activities the person engages in, or even the current health status of a person. The condition more commonly affects the elderly, women, and people with very weak...
- Dr. Geoffrey B. Higgs MD7858 Shrader Road Richmond Virginia 23294
- Mr. Vipool Kirit Goradia MD100 Concourse Blvd Glen Allen VA 23059
- Dr. Edward Claiborne Irby M.D.7650 E. Parham Road Henrico VA 23294
- Dr. Steven M Fiore MD7858 Shrader Rd Henrico VA 23294
- Dr. Barry Webster Burkhardt M.D.1400 Johnston Willis Dr Richmond VA 23235
- Dr. Lockett Wootton Garnett M.D.5899 Bremo Rd Richmond VA 23226