Dr. Feras Khatib practices Orthodontics in St. Louis, Mo. Comprehensive orthodontic treatment includes metal wires that are inserted into orthodontic brackets, which can be made from stainless steel or a more aesthetic ceramic material. The wires interact with the brackets to move teeth into desired positions. Being advanced in the field, Dr. Khatib may also use Invisalign or other aligner trays that have been designed to align a patients? smile. As an orthodontist, Dr. Khatib must recognize various characteristics of a malocclusion or dentofacial deformity, define the nature of the problem, including the etiology if possible, and design a treatment strategy based on the specific needs and desires of the patient.
Education and Training
Damascus University DDS 2000
University of Paris VI Diploma in Orthodontics 2003
University of Paris VI Diploma in Applied Orthodontics 2006
Danube University Master in Orthodontics and Maxillo-Facial Orthopedics 2013
Southern Illinois University DMD 2018
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Assistant Professor Southern Illinois University (SIUE) 2018 - 2019
- Chicago Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Missouri Dental Association
- World Federation of Orthodontics
Dr. Feras Al Khatib, DMD, MS's Practice location
St. Louis, Mo 63119Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Feras Al Khatib, DMD, MS | Dentist | Orthodontist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Feras Al Khatib, DMD, MS's reviewsWrite Review
- Floss Your Teeth the Right Way
Alla Wheeler, RDH, MPA, associate professor of the Dental Hygiene Program at the New York University School of Dentistry, says that since the results of flossing are not immediate, most people do not think that the technique actually works.In reality, this is the best technique, as it does...
- New Herbal Patch May Help to Heal Canker Sores Faster
According to a new study presented at the 85th general session of the International Association for Dental Research, a novel over-the-counter patch containing licorice extract may help in the quick healing of canker sores. In this study 46 participants who had recurrent canker sores were recruited....
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Wine May Prevent Cavities
Researchers from Italy's University of Pavia have revealed that red wine and white wine may fight against the bacteria that causes cavities. But the study was done invitro; it will be some time before this will be recommended as a method to prevent cavities.For this study, researchers used two types...
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- 8 Helpful Tips to Protect Tooth Enamel
Enamel, the hard coating on the surface of the teeth, is designed to last long even though wear and tear occurs throughout one's lifetime. “This is the hardest substance in the body," says Leslie Seldin, DDS, a spokesperson for the American Dental Association. There are a number of ways by which...
- Mr. Michael Stephen Cherre DDS355 Ozark Trail Dr Ballwin MO 63011
- Dr. Ernst Martin Taeger Other4137 N Us Hwy 67 Florissant MO 63034
- Dr. Angela Dianne Kling DDS MSD11 Azusa St. Saint Peters MO 63376
- Dr. Julie Fahl Mccray DDS, MS7171 Delmar Blvd Saint Louis MO 63130
- Dr. Andrew Hayes D.D.S., M.S.D.6 Mcbride And Son Corporate Center Dr Chesterfield MO 63005
- Dr. Suhail A Khouri DDS175 Lamp And Lantern Vlg Chesterfield MO 63017