Dr. Robert Van dalen is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Burlington, NC. Dr. Van dalen specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Van dalen can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Van dalen can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Duke University School of Medicine 1979
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology; Duke Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Duke University Hospital Program
Dr. Robert Warren Van dalen MD's Practice location
Burlington, NC 27215Get Direction
Dr. Robert Warren Van dalen MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Children May Have Asthma Because of Their Mother's Health Before and During Pregnancy
A new study has shown that children born from women who were overweight or obese during pregnancy has a higher risk of getting asthma during adolescence. The study conducted by the researchers from Britain, Finland, and Sweden shows that an individual's weight before pregnancy influences the...
- Treating PCOS With Progestin Decreases the Chances of Pregnancy
PCOS is a common medical problem faced by women. It is usually caused by an imbalance in reproductive hormones. This imbalance can lead to problems in the ovaries. In a normal state, the ovaries make the egg and release it every month as part of a healthy menstrual cycle, however, for those with...
- Stress Can Cause Infertility
A study published in the journal, Fertility and Sterility, adds evidence to the fact that stress may reduce the chances of getting pregnant. Women who had higher levels of stress-related enzyme, alpha amylase, were less likely to conceive, reports the study. This is the first study to present a...
- What Causes Swollen Ankles and Feet?
Swelling of the ankles and feet are a common everyday experience. Either you or a loved one may have experienced ankle swelling at some point of your lives. It is that common and is not a usual cause for concern, especially if you have been standing or walking for a long period of time. However,...
- A More Accurate Measure of Obesity
According to a new study, many people who are listed as overweight as per their body mass index (BMI) scores may actually be classified as obese. “BMI along with the measures of the hormone leptin is a better way to measure obese people, especially those who are at increased risk of diabetes,...
- Trichomoniasis: What You Need to Know
What is trichomoniasis?Trichomoniasis or "trich" is a common infection of the reproductive organs. It spreads by sexual contact with the infected person. For this reason, it is a type of sexually transmitted infection (STI). Women are invariably at greater risk. However, the infection is not...
- Dr. Sheronette A. Cousins M.D.1908 Lendew St Greensboro NC 27408
- Dr. Marie-Lyne Lavoie M.D.1908 Lendew Street Greensboro North Carolina 27408
- Dr. Chelsea Crist Ward MD.101 Medical Park Drive Mebane NC 27302
- Dr. Michelle L Grewal M.D.802 Green Valley Rd Greensboro NC 27408
- Dr. Chetanna I Okasi MD301 E Wendover Ave Greensboro NC 27401
- Dr. Thomas J. Schermerhorn M.D.1234 Huffman Mill Rd Burlington NC 27215