Dr. Jonathan Alan Africa M.D.
Gastroenterologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Gastroenterology1625 STOCKTON BLVD #105 SACRAMENTO CA, 95816
Dr. Jonathan Africa is a pediatric gastroenterologist practicing in SACRAMENTO, CA. Dr. Africa specializes in digestive system, liver or nutritional problems in children from the newborn period to their teens. Conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, chronic constipation or obesity can all be treated by a pediatric gastroenterologist.
Dr. Jonathan Alan Africa M.D.'s Practice location
SACRAMENTO, CA 95816Get Direction
Dr. Jonathan Alan Africa M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Africa
- Mesenteric Adenitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Introduction Mesenteric adenitis is the inflammation of the lymph nodes present in the mesentery, which is the membrane that attaches the small intestine to the abdominal cavity wall. It usually causes abdominal pain, especially in children and teenagers. Lymph nodes contain lymphocytes, which are...
- Teen Celiac Disease Patient Starts a Kosher Gluten-Free Food Bank
Celiac disease is a type of autoimmune disease that interferes with the absorption of nutrients while also damaging the small intestines. People with this disease cannot tolerate gluten, which is a nutrient not only found in a lot of the food found in the supermarket, but also commonly used in...
- What Is Diarrhea: Get the Facts
Diarrhea is a very common water-borne disease. A person who has diarrhea passes loose or liquid stool at least three times a day or more frequently than what is normal for the person. The reason behind the consistency and frequency of these bowel movements in a case of diarrhea is the increased flow...
- Study Suggests Ties Between Celiac Disease and Early Respiratory Infections
With the rise of celiac disease and other problems related to gluten, finding out just what can cause it and how it has risen alludes even the best of researchers. Knowing the key differences between celiac disease and other gluten issues is a step for better understanding and management of the...
- Is Your Poop Healthy?
Have you ever given a glance at your poop before flushing it? Probably, not! We mostly do it every day, but never realize that the look and color of our poop can indicate a lot of things about our health. Yes! Our pooping habits can tell a lot about whether we are leading a healthy lifestyle or not....
- Gastroenteritis in Children: Signs of Dehydration
Gastroenteritis is an intestinal infection that is caused by poorly prepared foods, contaminated water, etc. It can cause diarrhea, nausea, headache, and vomiting.What causes it?Gastro is caused by viruses. They include:• Rotavirus• AdenovirusHow is the gastroenteritis virus passed?Children can...
- Dr. Yinka K Davies MD5765 Greenback Ln Sacramento CA 95841
- Dr. Pratima Kodali MD1600 Eureka Rd Roseville CA 95661
- Dr. Jose Antonio Quiros M.D171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Michael W. Durant MD1600 Eureka Rd Roseville CA 95661
- Dr. Trinh Thi Truong M.D.11370 Anderson St Loma Linda CA 92354
- Dr. Philip J Mcdonald MD5301 F St Sacramento CA 95819