Dr. Caroline Densmore is a pediatric gastroenterologist practicing in IOWA CITY, IA. Dr. Densmore specializes in digestive system, liver or nutritional problems in children from the newborn period to their teens. Conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, chronic constipation or obesity can all be treated by a pediatric gastroenterologist.
Caroline Hicks Densmore MD's Practice location
IOWA CITY, IA 52242Get Direction
Caroline Hicks Densmore MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Celiac Disease May Shadow Type 1 Diabetes
A recent study has found that celiac disease may follow Type 1 diabetes, and it has found that children have a greater risk of having celiac disease auto-antibodies, which may then result in the disorder.According to Dr. William Hagopian, type 1 diabetes and celiac disease are closely related...
- What Is Newborn Jaundice?
Jaundice is a harmless condition that often affects newborn babies, which makes the skin and whites of the eyes become yellowish. The medical description of jaundice in newborns is neonatal jaundice. It can occur if high levels of bilirubin are found in the blood and body tissues of...
- Are Infections at a Young Age Linked to Celiac Disease?
Men and women, regardless of age, may still acquire celiac disease. However, a number of factors can greatly augment the possibility for a person to acquire it. These factors include being biologically related to someone who has the said disease, as well as having HLA-DQ2 and HLA-DQ8 genes and some...
- Two Sisters Create a Resourceful Gluten-Free Website
Diagnosed at 3 years old with celiac disease, Sara Kronenberg and her family had to make some big changes to their diets and embrace a gluten-free lifestyle. Thanks to her mother’s support and research that she did about living gluten-free, Sara and her older sister Emma became experts at...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- The Rotavirus Vaccination is Not Associated With Intestinal Disorders
Many doctors still dread to recommend rotavirus vaccination thinking that it may increase the chances of bowel blockage, known as intussusceptions, in children. Many studies have shown that vaccination can considerably reduce the number of hospitalizations due to severe diarrhea in infants. One of...
- Dr. Ala K. Shaikhkhalil MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Yasemen Eroglu MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Maisam Ahmad Abu-el-haija M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Rabea Alhosh MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dina N. Al-zubeidi M.B.,B.S.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Eyad Michael Hanna MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242