Dr. Huaqiong Shen practices Neuropathology in COLLEGEVILLE, PA. Dr. Shen studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Dr. Huaqiong Shen MD, PHD's Practice location
COLLEGEVILLE, PA 19426Get Direction
Dr. Huaqiong Shen MD, PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- To Tell the Truth...Are Parkinson's Patients Capable of Lying?
Up until a few years ago, it was believed that those with Parkinson's disease, were only severely limited in their physical capabilities. Parkinson’s is a neurodegenerative disease that is characterized by the progressive destruction of the brain cells located in the person’s substantia nigra....
- Self-Care for Parkinson's Disease Patients
At some point in the development of the disease, Parkinson’s affects the patient’s life. Nothing can prepare you for the feeling brought upon by hearing the diagnosis, which sometimes may seem numbing and scary. Parkinson’s disease isn’t curable, and knowing that you will have the disease...
- Breakthrough Research on Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy
A study which was recently published in the Natural Communications journal, outlines a major breakthrough in research around facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy, also known as FSHD.The study was performed by the University of Minnesota Medical School. Researchers at the university inserted the...
- Can Supplements and Vitamins Help with Alzheimer’s Disease?
Alzheimer’s disease is heartbreaking, and any suggestions or help is welcomed. There is no cure for Alzheimer’s and only a few medications are available for patients to ease the symptoms of the disease. It is a given that proper nutrition supports your brain and body function, plus vitamins and...
- What Is Shivering: 15 Conditions That Might Cause Chills
What is shivering?Exposure to cold or rapid shifts in temperature usually causes uncontrollable shivering. However, many other possible causes can cause shivering or chills. An uncontrollable shivering that persists for a longer time may indicate an underlying illness that requires immediate medical...
- Understanding Social Anxiety Disorder in Parkinson's Disease
It is natural to have some kind of emotional distress, anxiety, and sadness when diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. But SAD is not just about being sad, it is being anxious and fearful of participating in social activities. SAD is an abbreviation for social anxiety disorder also known as social...
- Dr. Christopher C Bradley M.D., PH.D.5401 Old York Rd Philadelphia PA 19141
- Dr. Neelofer Shafi MD51 North 39th Street Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. David S Roby MD60 Township Line Rd Elkins Park PA 19027
- Dr. Adam J Weinstein M.D.2100 Keystone Ave Drexel Hill PA 19026
- Dr. Christopher J Reid M.D.933 E Haverford Rd Bryn Mawr PA 19010
- Dr. Joseph J. Melvin DO3855 West Chester Pike Newtown Square PA 19073