Dr. Mark R Atkins M.D.
Pathologist | Immunopathology1899 TATE BLVD SE HICKORY NC, 28602
Dr. Mark Atkins is a pathologist practicing in HICKORY, NC. Dr. Atkins is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Atkins can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Atkins may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Duke University School of Medicine 1994
Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center 1989
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
- Duke University Hospital Program
Dr. Mark R Atkins M.D.'s Practice location
HICKORY, NC 28602Get Direction
Dr. Mark R Atkins M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Atkins
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Dr. George L. Nichols MD321 Mulberry St Sw Lenoir NC 28645
- Dr. Kerry Daniel Payne M.D.1899 TATE BLVD SE HICKORY NC 28602
- Dr. Donald Drake Mcneill M.D.321 Mulberry St Sw Lenoir NC 28645
- Dr. Robert C. Buresh D.O.321 Mulberry St Sw Lenoir NC 28645
- Dr. Eric Williams Pittman MD1899 Tate Blvd Se Hickory NC 28602
- Dr. Nilesh Prahlad Patel MD1899 TATE BLVD SE STE 1105 HICKORY NC 28602