Dr. Melody Noles Hawkins M.D.
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology2730 PROSPERITY AVE STE D FAIRFAX VA, 22031
Dr. Melody Hawkins practices Pediatric Pulmonology in FAIRFAX, VA. Dr. Hawkins treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Dr. Melody Noles Hawkins M.D.'s Practice location
FAIRFAX, VA 22031Get Direction
- Causes and Treatments for a Barking Cough
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup, which is a viral condition that causes swelling of the upper airways of children, especially those who are younger than 5 years old. It is also described as the inflammation of the larynx and the trachea in children.There are a...
- What Are the Early Signs of Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer allows a five-year survival limit, and that is if the disease has not spread elsewhere in the body. This is all the more reason to be alert to early warnings of cancer’s approach. With early detection, cancer survival ratings improve remarkably.1. Misery and mood swingsCarrying the...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- Children Who Have Low Levels of Vitamin D Are at Risk for Infection
A new study has shown that infants who are 3-months-old and have vitamin D levels lower than 25 nanomoles per liter (nmol/L) are two times more likely to have respiratory infections, when compared to children who have levels above 75 nmol/L. In this study, published in the journal Pediatrics,...
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- Stridor in Children: Croup Is Not the Only Cause
Stridor is a high-pitched sound that is caused by a disrupted airflow. It is a sign of an upper airway obstruction that affects children more than adults. A disrupted airflow is caused by a blockage in the voice box (larynx) or windpipe (trachea). Stridor is most noticeable during inhalation, but...
- Dr. Sunil Amrit Kapoor M.D.2730 A Prosperity Avenue Fairfax VA 22031
- Dr. Michael Jay Fields M.D.2730 A Prosperity Avenue Fairfax VA 22031
- Dr. Marc Chester MD2730-A Prosperity Avenue Fairfax VA 22031
- Dr. John Pilgrim Osborn M.D.2730 A Prosperity Avenue Fairfax VA 22031
- Dr. James Ernest Clayton M.D.2730 A Prosperity Avenue Fairfax VA 22031
- Dr. Suraiya Kureshi Haider MD2730 PROSPERITY AVE FAIRFAX VA 22031