Dr. Douglas Roberts is an internist practicing in ROCKVILLE, MD. Dr. Roberts specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Roberts provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1977
Harvard Medical School 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Kaleida Hlth Sys -Chldrn Hosp, Pediatrics; Michael Reese Hosp Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Childrens Hospital Of Buffalo
Dr. Douglas Roberts MD's Practice location
ROCKVILLE, MD 20852Get Direction
Dr. Douglas Roberts MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Causes and Treatment for Dry Cough
IntroductionA dry cough is a type of cough that does not accompany the production of mucus or phlegm. Most cases of dry cough are caused by certain allergic reactions from allergens, such as pollutants, dust, or toxins. The body usually tries to expel these irritants by coughing it out. In some...
- Syphilis: How Does It Affect Men and Women?
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease that affects both men and women. The most common locations for the chancre to appear are in the penis, vagina, anus, and even in the oral cavity. There is not much difference in men and women as far as symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments are concerned....
- Does Regular Exercise Affect Life Expectancy?
A recent study published in, The Lancet, shows that daily light exercise of 15 minutes per day can increase the life expectancy by three years and lower the risk of death by 14%. This is especially true in the case of people who are inactive. In this study, the researchers compared inactive people...
- Low-Density Lipoprotein
IntroductionTo maintain good health, balanced cholesterol levels are quite important. The liver is an organ that detoxifies drugs and other foreign substances. It also stores glycogen, which the body utilizes for energy. Other important functions of the liver include metabolizing carbohydrates,...
- What Is Campylobacter Infection: Causes and Treatment
Campylobacter InfectionOne of the main causes of diarrhea is Campylobacter. It is also one of the major causes of foodborne illnesses. When it infects the gastrointestinal tract, it can cause cramps, fever, and diarrhea. Campylobacter infections can be prevented by good handwashing habits and food...
- Multitasking Can Help Meet Emotional Needs
Most of us do multitasking on a daily basis just out of habit and also because it makes us feel good, say results from a study. It is a well known fact that multitasking is less productive and affects the performance of a person. The feel-good factor of the multitasking may be the reason why we tend...
- Petek Donmez6224 Montrose Road Rockville Maryland 20852
- Dr. Felix Sokolsky MD11125 Rockville Pike Rockville MD 20852
- Dr. Michael Alan Horberg MD2101 E Jefferson St Rockville MD 20852
- Dr. Anu Sharma MD6001 MONTROSE RD NORTH BETHESDA MD 20852
- Dr. Elisa Gil-pires MD6121 MONTROSE RD ROCKVILLE MD 20852
- Dr. Zeba S. Geloo MD1801 E Jefferson St Rockville MD 20852