Dr. Ann Munson is a speech language pathologist practicing in CENTRALIA, WA. Dr. Munson specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Munson evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Munson helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Ann Munson's Practice location
CENTRALIA, WA 98531Get Direction
Ann Munson's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Mrs. Jennifer Ryan Sund SLP-CCC914 S SCHEUBER ROAD CENTRALIA WA 98532
- Mrs. Ellen Louise Gehl M.A., CCC-SLP4748 BUNKER RD MASON MI 48854
- Martha S Buck SLP1265 SW PACIFIC AVE CHEHALIS WA 98532
- Crystal Schuon MA CCC-SLP10140 HIGHWAY 12 SW ROCHESTER WA 98579
- Miss Lisa Marie Mason MA, CCC-SLP1305 ALEXANDER STREET CENTRALIA WA 98531
- Margaret Mcewen301 CENTRAL AVE E TENINO WA 98589