Dr. Courtney Sullivan is a speech language pathologist practicing in BURLINGTON, MA. Dr. Sullivan specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Sullivan evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Sullivan helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Courtney Sullivan's Practice location
BURLINGTON, MA 01803Get Direction
Courtney Sullivan's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Mr. Lisa Ann Helgason872 WATERTOWN ST NEWTON MA 02465
- Claire Logan M.S. CCC-SLP148 N ST # 3 BOSTON MA 02127
- Mr. Charles Edward Manry MS CCC-SLP1493 CAMBRIDGE ST CAMBRIDGE MA 02139
- Stacy Sheffield Mach MS15 WINTER ST LINCOLN MA 01773
- Allison Nico M.S555 AMORY ST JAMAICA PLAIN MA 02130
- Mr. Eric Mendillo MS CCC-SLP4 HAWTHORNE ST WATERTOWN MA 02472