Gurpreet S Ahluwalia M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry840 KENNESAW AVE MARIETTA GA, 30060
Dr. Gurpreet Ahluwalia is a psychiatrist practicing in MARIETTA, GA. Dr. Ahluwalia is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Ahluwalia diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Ahluwalia may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Ahluwalia treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Organization of telomeric and sub-telomeric regions of chromosomes from the protozoan parasite Trypanosoma cruzi.
- Organization and expression of a multigene family encoding the surface glycoproteins of Trypanosoma cruzi metacyclic trypomastigotes involved in the cell invasion.
- Cloning and characterization of Leishmania donovani telomeres.
- Detection of Leishmania causing visceral leishmaniasis in the Old and New Worlds by a polymerase chain reaction assay based on telomeric sequences.
- Haplotype diversity in human mitochondrial DNA hypervariable regions I-III in the city of Caracas (Venezuela).
- Molecular analysis of surface glycoprotein multigene family TrGP expressed on the plasma membrane of Trypanosoma rangeli epimastigotes forms.
- Analysis of the SNPforID 52-plex markers in four Native American populations from Venezuela.
- Exploring iris colour prediction and ancestry inference in admixed populations of South America.
Gurpreet S Ahluwalia M.D.'s Practice location
MARIETTA, GA 30060Get Direction
Gurpreet S Ahluwalia M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ahluwalia
- What Are Hallucinations?
In psychiatry, hallucinations are defined as a perception experienced in the absence of an external stimulus to the corresponding sense organ. In simple terms, hallucinations are when people see, hear, feel, smell, or taste things that really don’t exist outside of their minds. For a...
- What is Postpartum Depression?
After delivering a child, a mother can succumb to overwhelming emotions of fear and anxiety, which can ultimately lead to her development of depression. Postpartum depression (PPD) is a multitude of depressed emotions in the mother, which develop within four weeks of delivery. Baby blues, which most...
- What is Autistic Disorder
Autistic disorder is defined as the most severe type of autistic spectrum disorder (ASD). It is also called classic autism or Kanner’s Syndrome. This developmental disorder is characterized by challenges with communication, social interaction, and behavior. Autistic people often avoid interaction...
- Do You Have Trypophobia?
What is trypophobia?Trypophobia is the fear or feeling of disgust when looking at closely packed holes. Individuals who have trypophobia tend to feel very unsettled the moment they look at things with small clusters of holes that are closely held together. Few of examples would be the head of a...
- Is Schizophrenia a Mental Illness?
It is a formidable task to define schizophrenia unless we accept an unsatisfactory definition that consists of a list of the most common characteristics of the disorder.Some psychiatrists consider schizophrenia as an illness, others a syndrome, a mental mechanism, or even a way of living. There is...
- Everything You Need To Know About Depression
What is Depression?Depression is a mental illness in which a person constantly feels sad, anxious, hopeless, angry, and worthless. Regardless of age, this mental instability can affect any person at any time.Types of DepressionPeople experience this mood disorder in different ways. On the basis of...
- Dr. RICHARD HUNTER MD3583 Dumbarton Rd Nw Atlanta GA 30327
- Scott Patterson76 Paces West Court North West Atlanta Georgia 30327
- Dr. Angel Luis Perez MD7000 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Atlanta Georgia 30328
- Dr. Scott Firestone MDTHE EMORY CLINIC DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHIATRY ATLANTA GA 30322
- Dr. Elizabeth Boswell M.D.1355 Peachtree St Ne Atlanta GA 30309
- Dr. David William Suholet M.D.2751 Buford Hwy Ne Atlanta GA 30324