Dr. Edith Kiratzis is a speech language pathologist practicing in TALLAHASSEE, FL. Dr. Kiratzis specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Kiratzis evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Kiratzis helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Edith E. Kiratzis M.S. CF-SLP's Practice location
TALLAHASSEE, FL 32312Get Direction
Edith E. Kiratzis M.S. CF-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- How Common is Autism?
According to a recent survey, 1 out of every 52 children who attend school is autistic. The rates of the disease are constantly increasing, and the disease has trippled in the past decade, not only in the U.S but all around the world.Boys are more affectedWhen we study different ethnic groups and...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Mrs. Christina Boyette M.S. CCC-SLP1799 VINELAND LN TALLAHASSEE FL 32317
- Mrs. Rebecca Greenhill M.ED., CCC/SLP1609 MEDICAL DR TALLAHASSEE FL 32308
- Maria Andreina Nieto quintero M.A.3215 CAPITAL MEDICAL BLVD TALLAHASSEE FL 32308
- Mrs. Cassie Elizabeth Brooks M.S. CCC-SLP1304 RAMSEY DR TALLAHASSEE FL 32312
- Heather M Bradford M.S. CCC-SLP2286 WEDNESDAY ST TALLAHASSEE FL 32308
- Miss Ashley Alicia Stone M.A.CCC-SLP3215 CAPITAL MEDICAL BLVD TALLAHASSEE FL 32308