Dr. Lauren Barry is a speech language pathologist practicing in WILDWOOD, MO. Dr. Barry specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Barry evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Barry helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Lauren Barry SLP's Practice location
WILDWOOD, MO 63040Get Direction
Lauren Barry SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Mrs. Kelly Lynn Wittenauer M.S. SLP17770 MUELLER RD. WILDWOOD MO 63038
- Lauren E Del gaiso12110 CLAYTON RD ST. LOUIS MO 63131
- Barbara R. Nelson CCC-SLP8 RIDGE POINT CT SAINT CHARLES MO 63304
- Danielle Janowski M.A., CCC-SLP/L2670 ZUMBEHL RD SAINT CHARLES MO 63301
- Megan Elizabeth Gieseler M.S., CCC-SLP330 N GORE AVE WEBSTER GROVES MO 63119
- Brooke Huffman12110 CLAYTON RD SAINT LOUIS MO 63131