Dr. Christine Essex is a speech language pathologist practicing in MISSION VIEJO, CA. Dr. Essex specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Essex evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Essex helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Christine Essex CCC-SLP's Practice location
MISSION VIEJO, CA 92691Get Direction
Christine Essex CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Betty Chien Lee SLP17100 EUCLID ST FOUNTAIN VALLEY CA 92708
- Miss Helen Yang661 W 1ST ST STE E TUSTIN CA 92780
- Ms. Elizabeth Gallardo M.A., M.A.,-SLP1651 E 4TH ST SANTA ANA CA 92701
- Ms. Lynn E Epstein M.S., SLP-CCC31642 COAST HWY LAGUNA BEACH CA 92651
- Mrs. Cynthia Sandoval M.S. CCC-SLP1301 W PROVIDENCE AVE ORANGE CA 92868
- Mrs. Jill Christine Dews M.A. CCC-SLP7 MERRIWEATHER PLACE LADERA RANCH CA 92694