Dr. George Margetas is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in YORK, PA. Dr. Margetas specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Margetas tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine 2009
- Torn Meniscus
- Pinched Nerve
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
George Peter Margetas D.O.'s Practice location
YORK, PA 17402Get Direction
George Peter Margetas D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery?
Spinal surgery usually requires that the surgeon makes a relatively huge incision on the patient’s back in order to have complete access to the spinal vertebrae. This is the usual procedure in dealing with defects of the spine, and it has been so because of the delicate nature of the...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- How is Arthritis Diagnosed?
Arthritis is the common term used to describe over a hundred types of ailments that affect the joints. There are several causes of arthritis including physical wear and tear, autoimmunity, infections, and faulty metabolism, among others. Arthritis is a progressive disease with no known cure.Common...
- New Research May Improve Bone Health in Diabetic Patients
Diabetes and complications related to it are common, and most people know about them. Diabetes harms blood vessels and nerves, which causes heart problems, problems with peripheral nerves, and weakens eyesight. The need for foot and eye care, and the evaluation of heart and kidney health, are all...
- Dr. Thomas Milleret Ring M.D.2150 Noll Drive Lancaster PA 17603
- Dr. Christopher Cooke MD15 Lark Lane Lancaster PA 17601
- Dr. Todd Allen Curran D.O.1855 Powder Mill Rd York PA 17402
- Dr. Suzette J. Song M.D.1855 Powder Mill Rd York PA 17402
- Dr. Douglas Joseph Hofmann M.D.1855 Powder Mill Rd York PA 17402
- Dr. Joseph E Alhadeff M.D.1855 Powder Mill Rd York PA 17402