Dr. Annie Miller is a speech language pathologist practicing in LAREDO, TX. Dr. Miller specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Miller evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Miller helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Miss Annie Elizabeth Miller's Practice location
LAREDO, TX 78045Get Direction
Miss Annie Elizabeth Miller's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Ms. Maria Luisa Perez CCC-SLP919 E ASH ST LAREDO TX 78040
- Norma Medina2335 E SAUNDERS ST LAREDO TX 78041
- Denisha Rodriguez SLP2 LINDENWOOD DR LAREDO TX 78045
- Triana Y De la garza SLPA6550 SPRINGFIELD AVE STE 101 LAREDO TX 78041
- Eric Albert Navarro SLP4609 SAN DARIO AVE STE 9 LAREDO TX 78041
- Samantha Jackson SLP4609 SAN DARIO AVE STE 9 LAREDO TX 78041