Dr. John F. Morrison, MD
Neurosurgeon2290 10th Ave N Ste 401 Lake Worth Florida, 33461
Dr. John Morrison practices Neurological Surgery in Palm Beach, Florida. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Morrison prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Creighton University School of Medicine 2009
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Associate Professor Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine at nova Southeastern University 2021 - Present
- National Football League Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Specialist NFL UNC 2018 - 2019
- Research Assistant Professor in Neurosurgery Jacobs School of Medicine, and biomedical Sciences at State University Of New York at Buffalo 2017 - 2018
- Clinical Assistant Instructor in Neurosurgery Jacobs School of Biomedical Sciences at State University of New York at Buffalo 2016 - 2018
- Housestaff Officer in Neurosurgery The Warren Alpert School of Medicine of Brown University 2011 - 2016
- Clinical Associate in Neurosurgery Tufts University School of Medicine 2009 - 2010
- "Top Docs" - Neurosurgery 2021 Palm Beach Illustrated
- "Top Docs" - Neurosurgery 2022 Palm Beach Illustrated
- "Top Docs"- Neurosurgery 2022 Boca Magazine
- Google Faculty Institute 2018 Google
- Resident of the Year 2016 State University of New York at Buffalo
- Resident of the Year 2017 State University of New York at Buffalo
- Top Gun Award, Ventriculostomy 2015 American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Resident of the Month- January 2014 Rhode Island Hospital
- Compassionate Doctor Award 2011 Vitals.com
- Compassionate Doctor Award 2012 Vitals.com
- Compassionate Doctor Award 2013 Vital.com
- Compassionate Doctor Award 2014 Vitals.com
- Patient's Choice Award 2011 Vitals.com
- Patient's Choice Award 2012 Vitals.com
- Patient's Choice Award 2013 Vitals.com
- Patient's Choice Award 2014 Vitals.com
- Outstanding Excellence in Neurosurgery Research 2010 Lahey Clinic
- William Albano Award of Excellence in Surgery and Research 2009 Creighton University
- 2nd Place Scientific Poster in Trauma & Critical Care 2008 American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- 2nd Place Oral Presentation 2008 Midwest Student Biomedical Research Forum
- Medical Dean's Scholarship 2007 Creighton University
- Medical Dean's Scholarship 2008 Creighton University
- Integra Life Sciences Student Research Fellow (Neurotrauma; Pradeep Narotam) 2006 Creighton University
- Integra Life Sciences Student Research Fellow (Neurotrauma; Pradeep Narotam) 2007 Creighton University
- Integra Life Sciences Student Research Fellow (Neurotrauma; Pradeep Narotam) 2008 Creighton University
- Integra Life Sciences Student Research Fellow (Neurotrauma; Pradeep Narotam) 2009 Creighton University
- Iron Cross Society Nomination 2003 University of Wisconsin
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
Dr. John F. Morrison, MD's Practice location
Lake Worth, Florida 33461Get Direction
DELRAY BEACH, FL 33445Get Direction
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Dr. Brett A. Osborn DO600 HERITAGE DR JUPITER FL 33458
- Dr. Lloyd Zucker M.D.670 Glades Road Boca Raton FL 33431
- Dr. Brett Alan Schlifka D.O.3319 STATE ROAD 7 WELLINGTON FL 33449
- Dr. Douglas Flynn Martin MD875 Meadows Rd Boca Raton FL 33486
- Mr. Michael J Chaparro MD12983 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee FL 33470
- Dr. Amos Olabisi Dare M.D.4600 Linton Boulevard Delray Beach FL 33445