Dr. John F. Morrison, MD
Neurosurgeon2290 10th Ave N Ste 401 Lake Worth Florida, 33461
Dr. John Morrison practices Neurological Surgery in Palm Beach, Florida. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Morrison prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Creighton University School of Medicine 2009
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Associate Professor Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine at nova Southeastern University 2021 - Present
- National Football League Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Specialist NFL UNC 2018 - 2019
- Research Assistant Professor in Neurosurgery Jacobs School of Medicine, and biomedical Sciences at State University Of New York at Buffalo 2017 - 2018
- Clinical Assistant Instructor in Neurosurgery Jacobs School of Biomedical Sciences at State University of New York at Buffalo 2016 - 2018
- Housestaff Officer in Neurosurgery The Warren Alpert School of Medicine of Brown University 2011 - 2016
- Clinical Associate in Neurosurgery Tufts University School of Medicine 2009 - 2010
- "Top Docs" - Neurosurgery 2021 Palm Beach Illustrated
- "Top Docs" - Neurosurgery 2022 Palm Beach Illustrated
- "Top Docs"- Neurosurgery 2022 Boca Magazine
- Google Faculty Institute 2018 Google
- Resident of the Year 2016 State University of New York at Buffalo
- Resident of the Year 2017 State University of New York at Buffalo
- Top Gun Award, Ventriculostomy 2015 American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Resident of the Month- January 2014 Rhode Island Hospital
- Compassionate Doctor Award 2011 Vitals.com
- Compassionate Doctor Award 2012 Vitals.com
- Compassionate Doctor Award 2013 Vital.com
- Compassionate Doctor Award 2014 Vitals.com
- Patient's Choice Award 2011 Vitals.com
- Patient's Choice Award 2012 Vitals.com
- Patient's Choice Award 2013 Vitals.com
- Patient's Choice Award 2014 Vitals.com
- Outstanding Excellence in Neurosurgery Research 2010 Lahey Clinic
- William Albano Award of Excellence in Surgery and Research 2009 Creighton University
- 2nd Place Scientific Poster in Trauma & Critical Care 2008 American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- 2nd Place Oral Presentation 2008 Midwest Student Biomedical Research Forum
- Medical Dean's Scholarship 2007 Creighton University
- Medical Dean's Scholarship 2008 Creighton University
- Integra Life Sciences Student Research Fellow (Neurotrauma; Pradeep Narotam) 2006 Creighton University
- Integra Life Sciences Student Research Fellow (Neurotrauma; Pradeep Narotam) 2007 Creighton University
- Integra Life Sciences Student Research Fellow (Neurotrauma; Pradeep Narotam) 2008 Creighton University
- Integra Life Sciences Student Research Fellow (Neurotrauma; Pradeep Narotam) 2009 Creighton University
- Iron Cross Society Nomination 2003 University of Wisconsin
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
Dr. John F. Morrison, MD's Practice location
Lake Worth, Florida 33461Get Direction
DELRAY BEACH, FL 33445Get Direction
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Brett A. Osborn DO600 HERITAGE DR JUPITER FL 33458
- Dr. Brett Alan Schlifka D.O.3319 STATE ROAD 7 WELLINGTON FL 33449
- Dr. Douglas Flynn Martin MD875 Meadows Rd Boca Raton FL 33486
- Mr. Michael J Chaparro MD12983 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee FL 33470
- Dr. Julie Georgia Pilitsis MD,PHD800 MEADOWS RD BOCA RATON FL 33486
- Dr. Somnath N Nair MD2623 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach FL 33435