Dr. Gerald Eckardt practices Neurological Surgery in GREEN BAY, WI. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Eckardt prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Gerald William Eckardt MD's Practice location
GREEN BAY, WI 54311Get Direction
Milwaukee, WI 53226Get Direction
Gerald William Eckardt MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Dr. Max E Ots MD2845 Greenbrier Rd Green Bay WI 54311
- Dr. Mark A Gardon MD2845 Greenbrier Rd Green Bay WI 54311
- Dr. Richard L Harrison MD2845 Greenbrier Rd Green Bay WI 54311
- Dr. Steven S Weinshel MD2845 Greenbrier Rd Green Bay WI 54311
- Dr. Wesley E Griffitt MD2845 Greenbrier Rd Green Bay WI 54311
- Dr. Paul N Baek MD2845 Greenbrier Rd Green Bay WI 54311