Dr. Fernando Aviles, MD
Family Practitioner820 E Redd Rd bldg B El Paso TX, 79912
Highly-rated and engaging bilingual physician with over 21 years of experience in Family Medicine, Occupational Medicine and Orthopedic Medicine. Proven track record administering effective care to diverse patient populations and accelerating positive patient outcomes. Consistently display composure and precision in high-risk settings, utilizing medical and crisis management expertise to manage rapidly changing conditions. Strong ability to foster sincere relations in community and clinical environments. Proven ability to streamline and implement internal processes and procedures to improve productivity and efficiency of care. Possess unwavering commitment to healthcare team success and patient welfare. Dr. Aviles has a proven track record of providing effective care to our diverse borderland patient population and accelerating positive patient outcomes. He looks forward to participating in your care and demonstrating consistent compassion and advanced nonsurgical treatments
Education and Training
UNAN - Nicaragua Orthopedic Surgeon 2005
UNAN - Nicaragua MD 2001
TTUHSC - El Paso - Texas Family Medicine 2010
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
Dr. Fernando Aviles, MD's Expert Contributions
Ciprofloxacin-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy: A Case Report
Colton Palmer, Jorge D. Guerra, Raymundo Gonzalez, Mohd N Refaeian, Fernando Aviles, and Manouchehr RefaeianPaul L. Foster School of MedicineTexas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso, El Paso, TX, 79905Abstract We present a case report of a 42-year-old male who developed peripheral...
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Associate Professor Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center 2017 - Present
- Ringside Physician USA Boxing Association/USA Border Boxing Association 2010 - Present
- Volunteer Physician El Paso Baptist Clinic 2019 - Present
- 2020 Community Faculty of the Year by Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso - Clinical assistant professor 2020 TTUHSC of El Paso
- Award of Recognition from El Paso Fire Department and El Paso Police Department for supporting the “Battle of the Badges” and serving as Ring Side Physician 2010 USA Boxing Association
- Special Recognition from El Paso Baptist Clinic in appreciation for a life dedicated to God and to others and for contributing many hours of ministry and volunteer service 2010 Baptist Clinic of El Paso
- Special Recognition for dedicated service and commitment to patients and students, Department of Family and Community Medicine 2008 TTUHSC - Paul Foster School of Medicine - El Paso - Texas
- Chief Resident of Orthopedic Surgery Department - Hospital Antonio Lenin Fonseca - Level I Trauma 2004 UNAN - Managua
- Special Recognition as Blood Donor - Red Cross of Nicaragua 2000 Red Cross of Nicaragua
- Honor Roll Student Award - School of Medicine 1999 UNAN - Managua
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Texas Medical Association
- El Paso County Medical Society
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- El Paso Baptist Clinic, Volunteer Family Medicine Physician, El Paso, Texas
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Family Physicians, the Texas Medical Association, the American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine, and the El Paso County Medical Society
Dr. Fernando Aviles, MD's Practice location
El Paso, TX 79912Get Direction
El Paso, TX 79934Get Direction
El Paso, TX 79936Get Direction
Get to know Family Physician Dr. Fernando Aviles, who serves patients in El Paso, Texas.
Dr. Aviles is a highly-rated, bilingual physician with over two decades of experience in family and orthopedic medicine. He works at Sun City Orthopaedic and Hand Surgery Specialists and Integrative Primary Care of El Paso (IPCEP).
He has a proven track record of providing effective care to diverse borderland patient populations and accelerating positive patient outcomes. At Sun City Orthopaedic and Hand Surgery Specialists and at Integrative Primary Care of El Paso, he looks forward to participating in patients’ care and demonstrating consistent compassion and advanced nonsurgical treatments.
The doctor’s areas of specialization include non-surgical orthopedics injuries, sports medicine, children and adults urgent care injuries, occupational medicine, workers’ compensation, physical therapy evaluation and referrals, pain management procedures and diagnostic tests for upper and lower extremities such as prolotherapy/steroids, ultrasound joint injections, platelet-rich plasma injections, electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction velocity (NCV) tests, physical exams: DOT, sports physicals, pre-op cardiac clearance, maximal medical improvement and impairment rating evaluations (MMI/IR) for workers’ compensation injuries, assessment and Management of Hormone related issues through Pellets Therapy and osteoporosis screening and treatment.
In regards to his educational background, Dr. Aviles graduated with his medical degree from the National Autonomous University of Nicaragua in 2001. He then went on to perform his residency in orthopedic surgery at the same educational venue and completed his training in 2005, followed by his residency in family medicine and community medicine at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in 2010.
As a testament to his success, he is board-certified in family medicine by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM). The ABFM is a non-profit, independent medical association of American physicians who practice family medicine and its sub-specialties.
Among Dr. Avile’s professional credentials include: certified by Texas Department of Insurance for Maximal Medical Improvement (MMI) and Impairment Rating Evaluations (2019); certified by the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME) - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (2014); Certified BioTe Provider (Assessment and Management of Hormone related issues through Pellets Therapy), certified by USA Boxing Association - RingSide Physician (2010); and member of the Bone Health and Osteoporosis Foundation (2022).
Moreover, he is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians, the Texas Medical Association, the American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine, and the El Paso County Medical Society.
Family medicine is a medical specialty devoted to comprehensive health care for people of all ages. The specialist is called a family physician or family doctor. A family physician is often the first person a patient sees when seeking healthcare services. They examine and treat patients with a wide range of conditions and refer those with serious ailments to a specialist or appropriate facility.
On a more personal note, Dr. Aviles speaks English and Spanish.
- How Hospitals Respond to the Nationwide Influenza Outbreak
The flu is one of the most contagious diseases that can affect people of all ages. Children and those with a weakened immune system are most prone to the illness. The inflicted usually suffer from a high fever, headache, and loss of strength, thus preventing them from doing anything other than...
- What Is a PUPPP Rash?
IntroductionA PUPPP rash, also known as pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy, is a skin condition wherein pregnant women get a hives-like rash on their skin. These rashes or bumps are itchy and usually appear on the stomach or stretch marks during pregnancy, especially in the third...
- What Are the Risks of Carpal Tunnel Surgery?
Carpal tunnel surgery is a procedure done to treat carpal tunnel syndrome. The surgical procedure involves the severing of a ligament referred to as the transverse carpal ligament so that the pressure it was exerting on the median nerve gets released.The pressure exerted on the median nerve causes...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- Questions You Should Be Asking Your Doctor
IntroductionAlthough doctors have the best intentions, it does not always mean that they will perfectly recognize their patient’s greatest need. For this reason, patients also need to take an active role when it comes to communicating with their doctor.One of the best ways to make sure that...
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- Dr. Jorge Salcedo MD10525 Vista Del Sol Dr El Paso TX 79925
- Cheyenne Rincones11450 Gateway N Blvd El Paso Texas 79934
- Dr. Howard Michael Eskanazy D.O.5005 N Piedras St El Paso TX 79920
- Dr. Raul Zayas MD11880 VISTA DEL SOL DR EL PASO TX 79936
- Dr. Arthur Joshua Berkson MD855 N Main Anthony NM 88021
- Dr. Edward Sebastian Leyva MD4532 N MESA ST STE 2A EL PASO TX 79912