Dr. Eric Smith is a psychiatrist practicing in ERIE, PA. Dr. Smith is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Smith diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Smith may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Smith treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
- Comparison of brain natriuretic peptide and left ventricular diastolic function determined by tissue Doppler in patients with diabetes mellitus, patients with hypertension without diabetes, and in healthy subjects.
- Plasma matrix metalloproteinase-9, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2, and CD40 ligand levels in patients with stable coronary artery disease.
- Abnormal soluble CD40 ligand and C-reactive protein concentrations in hypertension: relationship to indices of angiogenesis.
- Effects of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on metabolically active hormones in patients post-myocardial infarction.
- Spatial negative priming in early Alzheimer's disease: evidence for reduced cognitive inhibition.
- Raised leptin concentrations among South Asian patients with chronic heart failure.
- Efficacy and safety of atorvastatin in South Asian patients with dyslipidemia: an open label noncomparative pilot study.
- Widening access to cardiovascular healthcare: community screening among ethnic minorities in inner-city Britain - the Healthy Hearts Project.
- Sampling water from chemically cleaned dental units with detachable power scalers.
- Angiopoietin-2 levels as a biomarker of cardiovascular risk in patients with hypertension.
- Premature coronary artery disease: an inferred cardiovascular variant or a South Asian genetic disorder?
- Impact of mean arterial blood pressure on higher arterial stiffness indices in South Asians compared to white Europeans.
- Measurement of stiffness index by digital volume pulse analysis technique: clinical utility in cardiovascular disease risk stratification.
- Elevated angiogenin levels in chronic heart failure.
- Circulating levels of adiponectin, leptin, and tumour necrosis factor alpha in hypertension.
- Unraveling the paradoxical link between obesity and heart failure: the role of adipocytokines.
- Ischemic stroke in South Asians: a review of the epidemiology, pathophysiology, and ethnicity-related clinical features.
- Glycemic status underlies increased arterial stiffness and impaired endothelial function in migrant South Asian stroke survivors compared to European Caucasians: pathophysiological insights from the West Birmingham Stroke Project.
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids: a necessity for a comprehensive secondary prevention strategy.
- Apolipoproteins in the discrimination of atherosclerotic burden and cardiac function in patients with stable coronary artery disease.
- Vitamin D deficiency amongst minority ethnic groups in the UK: a cross sectional study.
- Is the higher risk of cardiovascular disease amongst South Asian populations linked to abnormalities of haemoglobin? A preliminary case control study.
- Cardiovascular Risk Profiles amongst Women in a Multiethnic Population in Inner City Britain: A Potential Impact of Anaemia.
- CD36 expression and lipid metabolism following an oral glucose challenge in South Asians.
- Ferritin as a Risk Factor for Glucose Intolerance amongst Men and Women Originating from the Indian Subcontinent.
- Corrigendum to "Ferritin as a Risk Factor for Glucose Intolerance amongst Men and Women Originating from the Indian Subcontinent".
Eric James Smith DO's Practice location
ERIE, PA 16509Get Direction
Eric James Smith DO's reviewsWrite Review
- Helping a Loved One Cope with Depression
Depression is a serious mood disorder that can really change the way people live their life. However, depression can be treated with the help and support of people who truly care about the welfare of a person who is depressed. Most people who frequently feel depressed need intervention and treatment...
- What Is Flakka?
Flakka is now more popular than ever, with stories about its use spreading to national news channels. These stories range from hilarious to frightening, which makes flakka so interesting. There are stories of people running through the streets naked, which are a bit hilarious. However, there are...
- What Are the Symptoms of Depression in Women?
Depression has an extreme prominence in women, compared to men, and effects the lives of 15% of women in the U.S. It is quite common for women with depression to leave this disorder untreated, because women typically misread the signs and symptoms. An individual can experience depression at any age,...
- Treatments for Binge Eating Disorder
Binge eating disorder can make a person’s life miserable. Actually, most people feel ashamed to come out and seek treatment. It is an easy condition to hide and someone might keep it from even the people closest to him or her. Eating disorders need a flexible treatment plan that can be adjusted to...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- Everything You Need To Know About Agoraphobia
Agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder in which you feel extremely fearful of places and situations that are uncomfortable and dangerous according to you. These are the places that make you feel trapped and assume that the escape might be difficult in the case of a panic attack, such as an elevator, a...
- Dr. Mathew W. Sipple D.O.150 East 8th Street Erie Pennsylvania 16501
- Dr. Robert D Hulburt DO3524 E Milwaukee St Janesville WI 53546
- Dr. Deanann Farris D.O.5515 Peach St Erie PA 16509
- Dr. Ethan Ittner D.O.5515 Peach St Erie PA 16509
- Dr. Joseph Aaron Holmes D.O.5515 Peach St Erie PA 16509
- Dr. Meghan Marie Schott D.O.4 Allegheny Ctr Pittsburgh PA 15212